I got attached.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LilAnn, Aug 20, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Bri's foster puppies are going to their new home tomorrow. They were quite a bit older than anyone realized. But they should have a full set of teeth at 6 weeks, and they have had a full set for a week, now. I'm so tired of my toes being bitten, cleaning up messes, cords getting chewed, shoes being stolen and eaten, my bag being stolen and eaten, my clothes being stolen and eaten, my ankle wrap being stolen and hidden for over week until one of them grabs it from who knows where so they can try to hide it under the recliner... but 3 of them have gotten so comfortable that they won't sleep anywhere but at my feet. The 4th one doesn't have any use for me other than eating my toes. 2 of them will stand on their back tippy toes to drink water out of the big bucket like the big dogs, instead of their water bowl.And anytime I need a shot of cuteness all I have to do is follow the high pitched snarling until I find the ones fighting. Or, if that doesn't work I can just wait a moment until I hear a big dog snap at a puppy for sneaking up and biting the hell out of their ear, tail, neck, paw, or wherever else.

So where will I get my cuteness shot now?

Talked to a guy who breeds and he is taking all 4 of them. I'm so worried that he won't give them the amount of attention they have become accustomed to.Which is whenever they want. I never tell them no if I am capable of picking them up and playing with them.

I'm gonna miss these guys :(

LilAnn, Aug 20, 2015
  2. LilAnn

Trellum Well-Known Member

Aw, so sorry to hear your babies will be going soon, but tell me... does that guy want those puppies only to breed them? Gosh, I hope he is not planning that! I have such a bad feeling when a breeder is involved, I just don't trust that people at all. I've seen puppy mills before, not a nice sight... I hope your puppies are very happy and enjoy a good life! It sucks to get attached to something you can't keep :(

Trellum, Aug 20, 2015
  3. LilAnn

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I feel like I missed a whole lot. Anyway I know what it feels like to become too attached. That has been the story of my pet life. And you can just ask Ginger who only yesterday started to eat a wedding card my husband bought for his niece. Yet when I think I am definitely going to let someone have her, I don't know how I will let her go. My family in the country had a dog they allowed to breed and now has 11 pups. I am quite upset they were that careless but I fear going to see them because I am afraid of becoming too attached.

I hope the guy takes good care of them. If he is a good breeder all should be well.

Winterybella, Aug 20, 2015
  4. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

If I drop them off, and there's any doubt at all I'll tell him to forget. This litter turned out to be razorbacks. They are typically pretty popular in the pit fighting world. I refuse to ever risk a pup I'm responsible for to end up in a situation like that. These guys aren't very big, and their paws aren't too big. I'm hoping they won't get big enough to fight or even be bait. They were pretty unhealthy and malnourished when we got them.

I hope yu don't have to rid if Ginger. Even if its a rascal getting rid of a pet is like losing any good friend and family.

LilAnn, Aug 20, 2015
  5. LilAnn

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I love the puppies stage and their cuteness! You will miss them terribly for sure and so sorry to hear that. I hope he is a good person and take good care of them. I can't imagine him breeding all four. That will be so many puppies and then what will happen to all those puppies?

I hope one day all breeders would need a permit to breed to keep the unfortunate dogs/cats being euthanized!

IcyBC, Aug 21, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  6. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Him and his wife have been keeping in touch since last week when they got them. And they apparently don't breed them, but they raise them. They have space and the energy to take care of them and in the pictures I can tell they are really happy there. Its such a relief knowing they are taken care of. The bigger dogs miss them, too.

LilAnn, Aug 26, 2015
  7. LilAnn

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I am so glad to know that they are happy and not being breed to produce! It is a wonderful feeling to know that they are well cared for!

IcyBC, Aug 27, 2015
  8. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

The meaner the breed's reputation, the more likely they are to be fought or bred. Most of mine are gator, which are really popular. So I was extremely careful when they would come into heat. And when they outwitted me, and had puppies I was VERY careful about who got them. These guy are razorback. Those are even more popular than gator. So, I had to be even more careful. They have a good, safe home now. And that is such a huge relief!

LilAnn, Aug 29, 2015
Ask a Question