Humans have personalities do dogs have animalities?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Winterybella, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I really wanted to talk about the 'personalities" of my dogs and got to thinking they are animals and might have 'animalities'. I Googled the word and still find myself a little confused.

Whatever the case I continue to be in awe at the different 'personalities' of my dogs. One so nonchalant, one so frisky, one so loving and attached and one feeling sometimes like an outsider. What's the 'personality' of your dog or should I ask what is your dog's 'animality'? Either way you get my meaning.

Winterybella, Oct 15, 2015
  2. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

Every dog is different. They're like people:) My Homer is very proud, self-confident and quite egoistic. He knows what he wants and doesn't take no for an answer, haha:)
    But he's also very sweet, cheerful and loyal.

claudine, Oct 16, 2015
  3. Winterybella

Trellum Well-Known Member

Is it Reeba the one feeling like an outsider? I think dogs and cats have their own personalities :) I've got cats that were super friendly and loved to be pet, but others who didn't enjoy at all human company and ended up running away. Same with dogs, some are very sweet and kind, others are too frisky. My girl is very smart and calm :) I think we really connect! She loves to be outside playing around the chili plants.

Trellum, Oct 16, 2015
  4. Winterybella

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Capone is a very loving and sweet dog. He is attached to human if we are around, but he is doing well by himself when we are not home. His "personalities" matched up with ours very well. We had other dogs before but none of them showed the needs for us :)

IcyBC, Oct 16, 2015
  5. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Yes Trellum. Reba is the one who is mostly outside. Sometimes she wants to come in and sometimes I do let her come but not to sleep in. I want to but I don't think my husband will be in agreement. I'm fortunate he has allowed the small ones inside. Sometimes he'll leave the door open an Reba comes in but after some time he expects her to go back outside. I think she feels like and 'outsider' sometimes. It makes me quite sad sometimes.

Winterybella, Oct 22, 2015
Ask a Question