How your dog react when you come home

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by zararina, Nov 30, 2011.

1. zararina

zararina Well-Known Member

Well, all dogs that we have in our lives seems to be the happiest creature in the house when someone comes home. :p And sure that most of the dogs are like that.

They will really show their excited through jumping and cant wait look in their eyes and in their tails. Lol
    They really make my day whenever I come home. :D

zararina, Nov 30, 2011
  2. zararina

Nick87 Well-Known Member

My dogs jump all over me when I come home, as annoying as it may be to have dogs jump all over you when you're tired and carrying all your stuff, the look of joy on their faces makes it all okay. They also whine and bark in a way different than any other time, like an "I'm so happy you're back, I missed you!" sort of way.

Nick87, Dec 2, 2011
  3. zararina

summerRain Well-Known Member

Whenever I come home, my dogs usually jump into me while they are happily wiggling their tails. If I don't pay attention to them, they will keep on barking and jumping on me. :D

They are so cute and adorable!

summerRain, Dec 2, 2011
  4. zararina

PuppyChow Well-Known Member

When i pull up in the driveway he is usually already looking out of the window. Its like expects me to come home.
    I love him so much. When i walk through the door he jumps on me and run circles around me for about a minute straight.
    He is usually so excited. I bring him home a treat and it seems like he smell it on me. Hes a very cheerful dog.

PuppyChow, Dec 2, 2011
  5. zararina

MakingCents Well-Known Member

My dog is always waiting for me at the window. He has severe seperation anxiety so we try not to make a big deal of coming and going. When we walk in the door he knows he is supposed to sit to get our attention so we pet him. We walk in, put our stuff down and everything before we awknowledge him. Poor guy is always trying to hard to sit his whole body is wriggling. Finally after we put our keys away, take our coats off etc. and once he sits we pet him give him hugs and then let him run around and greet us excitedly.

MakingCents, Dec 3, 2011
  6. zararina

King Browny Well-Known Member

I guess my dogs know my smell and the sound of my steps all so well that even when they are inside the house and I’m just approaching the gate they know that I’m there and they would bark and run and jump on me. And yeah, it’s always the same. They never get tired of welcoming their best pal. They never get tired awaiting their return. When I’m still living in my mom’s place, two of my previous dogs seem to know when or what time I would be arriving from work because I would always find them then waiting outside the house. Really, for them, their master is their one true love. :)

King Browny, Dec 16, 2011
  7. zararina

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

My dog is the so happy and runs around dancing lol! I love when i come home to him, he knows I always have him something special.

wahcashmom, Dec 18, 2011
  8. zararina

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Whenever I get home, Candy greets me like she hasn't seen seen me for years even if I had only gone out for a few hours. This is one thing which makes keeping a dog so gratifying. To know that your dog is there to welcome you makes going home something to look forward to.

Victor Leigh, Dec 19, 2011
  9. zararina

julesjedjr New Member

I live with a roomate, so my dog spends her day in my room. It's amazing. She can tell the difference between my roomate and I. When I come home I hear her jump off of my bed and run to my bedroom door waiting for me to come get her! Sometimes she will give a little bark or whine. My roomate says she doesn't make a peep when he comes home.

When I open my bedroom door there is Miss Mavis, her whole body wagging and that big smile on her face! We run down the stairs and she goes straight to the kitchen to see if she has any luck in one of us humans dropping food. Then we go outside so she can stretch her legs and take care of serious dog sniffing business!

julesjedjr, Dec 31, 2011
  10. zararina

MakingCents Well-Known Member

Your dog definitely knows what it sounds/ smells like when you come home. How exciting for her to realize it's her owner home and not the roommate. Does she like your roommate?

MakingCents, Dec 31, 2011
  11. zararina

Well, my Candy can detect my presence when I turn into the lane heading to my house. The turning is about 50 meters from my house. I think she can hear the sound of my motorcycle.

Victor Leigh, Dec 31, 2011
  12. zararina

jules21158 Member

My dogs too jump up and whine for attention when I come home. It is nice that they miss me but can be annoying if I am wearing something delicate as their claws can leader or rip.

jules21158, Jan 5, 2012
  13. zararina

If your dogs are not that big, one way to save on buying lots of new panty-hoses is to squat down and pick them up the moment you get home. Benjamas, my Poodle, solves this problem herself by taking a flying leap into my arms.

Victor Leigh, Jan 7, 2012
  14. zararina

wils172 Active Member

My 5 golden retrievers attack me in my car everytime I come home.. they compete to see who can get petted first and my littlest one jumps all over me which drives me nuts, but what are ya ganna do? lol

wils172, Feb 24, 2012
  15. zararina

jenna Member

I can see my furry friend standing in front of the window as I’m walking up the sidewalk. The closer I get to my front door, the more she jumps and wags her tail. She’s always at the window waiting for me to come home. She’s a great dog.

jenna, Feb 25, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  16. zararina

Yorkie78 Member

Bark Bark, RUFF RUFF-- Yip yip yip yip. Wooof woof woof. =) I have 3 dogs. They all sound soooo different. My Aussie mix had her barker snipped. So, she has a really squeaky bark bark, ruff ruff. My Rott/Akita/Shepherd mix has a really deep, intimidating WOOF WOOF! My Yorkie is a yipper. yipyipyipyip!!

Yorkie78, Feb 25, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  17. zararina

Five! Hard to get up when they're all on you. How do you get to end up with five golden retrievers?

I think female golden retrievers are one of the prettiest dogs. Not because I have one. :p

King Browny, Feb 28, 2012
  18. zararina

wils172 Active Member

We got one initially about 12 years ago. Got him a wife who had pups. Kept one of the pups. Then a nice couple from near us had to move out of state and had 2 goldens that they couldn't take so we were happy to have them. :)

wils172, Mar 1, 2012
  19. zararina

The goldies from your neighbor, are they a pair also? And how do they get along with your original dogs? Don't they change partners?

King Browny, Mar 5, 2012
  20. zararina

wils172 Active Member

The dogs we got from our neighbors were both females (at the time we had two males) each male bred with one female (no partner exchange).

wils172, Mar 7, 2012
Ask a Question