How long have you had your dog(s)?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Angelle, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Angelle

Angelle Member

If you have read some of my other posts, you would already be aware of the fact that I no longer have my dog. I am in the process of purchasing a new one, and I cant wait. Prior to my departure of my dog, I had her for three years, and I enjoyed every bit of her. I think if you and your spouse don't have any children yet then it is a good idea to get a dog. They really can keep the house live, and exciting. How long have you had your dog(s)?

Angelle, Mar 12, 2013
  2. Angelle

Jessi Well-Known Member

We have had our dog for a few years now. He came to us by way of a family friend passing away and he had no where to go. He's 13 years old and still acts like a puppy at times. We've been around him for a lot longer than the last few years, but he's only been at our home for 2-3, I think.

Jessi, Mar 13, 2013
  3. Angelle

zararina Well-Known Member

We have our recent dog for almost two years.
    The oldest dog I have lived for more than 12 years, she passed away last 2011.

zararina, Mar 13, 2013
  4. Angelle

rdahl125 Member

I adopted my dog about 2 and a half years ago. She came from another very loving home, and her owner is an active worker in saving animals from terrible situations, such as the shelters in Mexico (where my dog was from!). Even though my dog is turning 7, she still acts like a puppy and is a joy to have in our house!

rdahl125, Mar 13, 2013
  5. Angelle

borderlab Member

I've had my oldest for 8 years now, I adopted him as soon as I moved out of my parents and bought my own house. I got another about two years later. I couldn't have pets at home because my mum had really bad allergies.

borderlab, Mar 13, 2013
  6. Angelle

haopee Well-Known Member

My eldest recently turned 10... all the others are puppies compared to her. And she's getting slow but she can be a really loud barker. And that's what I like about her. She has this big voice and she's really special because I had her back when I was in college. She's smart too.

The next eldest is 5 years old, then another one is 4 and the rest are puppies compared to these seniors.

haopee, Mar 14, 2013
  7. Angelle

argon_0 Well-Known Member

And Mishka's going on 9 years old. Got her as pup from a For Sale notice in a hardware store. She was for our teenage daughter who at the time had some problems and it was thought a dog would help out.:)
    Time marched on and our daughter left home and is doing very well and Mishka is now my wife's and my dog.

argon_0, Mar 14, 2013
  8. Angelle

claudine Well-Known Member

Homer is 7 so he has been with us for more than 6 lovely years already. To be honest, I'm so used to him that I can't remember how it had been before we got him:p I can't imagine my home without his barking:p

claudine, Mar 14, 2013
  9. Angelle

jowjo5 Active Member

We have three. Our oldest is 5 and our next ages are 4 and 2.

I love our dogs so much. Our oldest who is 5 is a yellow lab and shows no signs of acting older yet. We also have two Bernese Mt dogs and they are younger but act older and move slower . But I think this is due to their size.

jowjo5, Mar 19, 2013
  10. Angelle

trishgl Well-Known Member

I've had my chow for more than a year and I just love her cuteness. She is also quite well behaved while inside the house. The only challenge is making her stop sitting on the living room sofa. She knows she's not suppose to since she does not try it when we are there. When we leave the room however she'll immediately sit on the sofa and then move off of it once she sees or senses someone is in the living room.

trishgl, Mar 21, 2013
Ask a Question