How do your dogs react to fireworks?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sasha32, Jul 5, 2013.

1. sasha32

sasha32 Member

Last night we had more fireworks than usual, even though it was raining. They started after 6 p.m., and once my dogs heard the first few pops, they refused to go outside. One of my dogs insisted on being held. My Great Pyrenees barked at the fireworks as they went off, and one of my Newfie mixes jumped in the shower. Unfortunately, thunderstorms rolled through right after the fireworks, so they had a long night. Next year, I might talk to the vet about giving them Xanax.

sasha32, Jul 5, 2013
  2. sasha32

zararina Well-Known Member

We do not use fireworks even it's for the New Year's celebration. Our dog is really scared of the noises created by fireworks and other explosives.

zararina, Jul 6, 2013
  3. sasha32

claudine Well-Known Member

Fortunately my Homer doesn't react to fireworks, he simply ignores the noise. He sleeps like a baby during every New Year's Eve. It always surprises me how calm he is. He isn't scared of thunderstorms either.

claudine, Jul 6, 2013
  4. sasha32

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

My dog hides under my desk, by my feet whenever there are fireworks or thunder. He thinks "Scary sounds! I must hide under the wooden fortress next to Food Lady's feet!"

ACSAPA, Jul 29, 2013
Ask a Question