how do you kennel a pit who doesn't want you to?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by LilAnn, Aug 11, 2015.

1. LilAnn

Trellum Well-Known Member

@LilAnn Awww!!! I know how you mean, I'm glad to hear I am not the one who has strong feelings when thinking about lost pets and so on. I get so teary, but other than that I don't show it on the outside much, because most action is taking place in my mind... I feel horrible when I think of that pit bull puppy and the two cats my mom's vicious dog killed in a flash. If I let that get to me it will make me feel sick to my stomach D:

But don't worry, odds are there is nothing we could do :) By the way, so sorry about your cat! Do you think he didn't come back because something happened to him or do you think he just stayed with someone else? I ask because a cat did that to me once.

Trellum, Aug 21, 2015
  2. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I think those strong feelings really say something about a person. I've known a lot of people who treat their animals like a silly little possessions. Sometimes it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't know their pet's names. I can remember the name of every pet I have ever had, and I bet you can too

.I have actually had a lot of cats that liked a neighbor better than me. And I know they wouldn't dump me for them if they weren't treated right. But this one, we searched the neighborhood, with no luck. And after the paint thinner incident my mind goes straight to the worst case scenario. I can't help it, and I don't know why I do it.

LilAnn, Aug 26, 2015
  3. LilAnn

Trellum Well-Known Member

I do, I had a lot chickens as pets when I was little, I really didn't name them but I remember almost all of them, and the cats I've had, also the dogs. I think we are the sensitive type, which is rather god if you ask me, we have strong feelings fro things, that helps us be better folks I think. As for your cat... I'm sorry, I think I know what you are thinking about! I really hope that's not what happened! You know? My cat was kidnapped once, but he managed to escape (or was set free by the kid who took him when he got bored of him, very likely) and he came back. Maybe something like that happened, you know? Maybe he ended in good hands.

Trellum, Aug 27, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  4. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I really hope you're right. Its been years, he's probably gone either way. I really do hope he ended up n good hands. He was a very friendly cat... when you weren't bathing him, lol.

I know what you mean about the chickens. I only have 10, right now. I have names for 3 of them, and the rest are "da birds". The rooster without a flock is "Big Bird". His close to 20 lbs right now. he was gotten off of a meat chicken farm, and I think they possibly genetically modified their birds. All his claws have either fallen out or grown over. He's just a year old, too. It weird. But anyway... the rooster with a flock is "Red". My son picked him out and named him. And, yes, he is red. And then, out of all the hens, one is named... "crackhead". She comes up on the carport, right outside the door, and and screams, non stop, almost all day. She isn't afraid of us. If we run her off, she comes right back, and when its time to get put up for the night, after all the other birds are in the pen or the hen house, she runs a circle around the fence. I spend at least 10 minutes fighting with her to get her in the pen. She deserves to be the first one in the pot, but the truth is I can't kill and cook anything with that much personality.

LilAnn, Aug 29, 2015
Ask a Question