How Do You Keep Your Dog From Shredding Pillows and Blankets?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by IcyBC, Jul 29, 2015.

1. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

When Capone was a puppy, he loves his pillow or blanket in his crate. If I took the pillow to wash, he followed me and whine until I put it back in his kennel. Now, for the past six months, anything I put in his kennel he shredded a part. So far, I have lost two comforters, four dog pillows, 2 human toss pillows, and 2 toss blankets that I kept on the couch.

He was fine roaming the house free for a short period of time but yesterday, he went back to shred another toss pillow on the couch. I don't know what else to do with this problem. How do you keep your dog from shredding pillows and blankets?

IcyBC, Jul 29, 2015
  2. IcyBC

Trellum Well-Known Member

He is growing up and maybe he feel restless. Do you walk him everyday? For at least 30 minutes? Does he spend a lot time indoors? I have noticed some dogs get very destructive at that age because they have too much energy in them, they get bored and they start shredding the first thing they see :(

Trellum, Jul 29, 2015
  3. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

He is exercised three times a day but I think he just had the need to chew :) He is eating me out of home and honey as they said. Some have told me that it is just a stage, and he is still a puppy and that he will outgrow it. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that and I can't wait.

IcyBC, Jul 30, 2015
  4. IcyBC

claudine Well-Known Member

Fortunately, my Homer wouldn't be able to shred a pillow, he's too weak and small;)
    Give Capone something else to chew on. Maybe he'll like pine cones? Homer loves destroying them.

claudine, Jul 30, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  5. IcyBC

Trellum Well-Known Member

Uhm, that is odd, he has no reasons to feel so anxious then! It might be as the others said as well, my Frida wanted to destroy some sandals when she was younger, but she didn't quite do that, she just wanted something soft to bite to help her with the pain of teething, I guess. So all my soft sandals have little bite marks on them :p It looked almost like a very fancy pattern, lol.

Trellum, Jul 30, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  6. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

He loves soft things, soft blanket and soft pillow, and he wouldn't lie down on just bare flooring. Yet, he also shredded them! I provide him with plenty of chew toys but he sat behind my son and start chewing on the blanket they were sharing! Dog :)

IcyBC, Aug 2, 2015
Ask a Question