How did you get your dog/s?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hi guys! There are so many new members on here, I was wondering what is the story behind your friendship with your dogs. how did you get them? Did you adopt them or buy them? I adopted mine :) My pug was a gift from an ex (she died last year). But so far most of my dogs (as an adult) have been adopted.

Trellum, Jul 26, 2015
  2. Trellum

danielle davidson Active Member

My dad had a friend who bred pugs, so we decided that we would get them from him. So, it was nice to know that the dog we were getting was going to be a good one. You have to be careful when you're on the internet searching for them.

danielle davidson, Jul 26, 2015
  3. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

We bought Homer from a very nice family. I'll never forget when I saw him for the first time. My mom holding him. He was so tiny!
    Now, I can't imagine my life without a dog:)

claudine, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I have no idea that we would get a dog. I just went on Craigslist, looking for something and Capone's photo showed up. I instantly fell in love, but slept on it overnight! We have tried visiting different adoption events in town and none has worked out.

I called the owner, she wanted $125, so I talked her down to $100. The next day she called me back, and I talked her down to $75 telling her that I have nothing for Capone, no leash, no collar, no food, nothing. She agreed and we went to pick him up in a storm. He just fell right in my son's arms without a fuss, and he is just right for us!

IcyBC, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Trellum

Awwwwwwwwwww!!!! That is such a sweet story, @IcyBC!!!!! So you weren't looking for a doggie, but ended up with one. Your sweet boy :) I have done things like that in the past, lol. When I was younger I ended up bringing cats very often, my mom hated that about me, lol. I'm glad this story had a super happy ending, you are giving capone a really good home. So happy for him and your family.

By the way, why do you think that woman wanted to get rid of him?

Trellum, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Yes, Capone and his sister were the only two left in the litter. She seems like a very caring owner, gave him a bath before giving him to us, asked to see his leash and collar, etc..She has to be a backyard dog breeder though who also wanted money out of the mutts that she has. It is amazing to me how mutts are selling for so much money nowadays whereas, years ago, they were giving out for free.

IcyBC, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Trellum

Ahh, I see. So that littler wasn't some sort of accident? I was thinking it was, because most mutts don't sell for too much cash (unless they are one of those tiny designer dogs) not as much as pure breed ones. Yeah, I remember when mutts were given for free as well! ver here most mutts are still free, specially the biggest breeds, but the smallest ones are not.

Trellum, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Trellum

Aww, yes, I remember your story. Your parents got it for you as a gift from a breeder, and you were so surprised when you saw him for the first time :) I thought that ought to be one of the sweetest stories ever, I plan to do the same with my kids, so I can see the happiness in their faces.

Trellum, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Trellum

Oh I see, so your dad's friend is a breeder. Well, being friends with the breeder definitely helps getting a good dog. I heard pugs can come with a lot health issues, so yes, it's better to get them from reputable sources.

Trellum, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Trellum

That was one of the happiest days of my life:) I know I'll never forget it! Getting Homer changed everything. He's my friend and my family:)

claudine, Jul 30, 2015
  11. Trellum

Aww, even happier than when you met your boyfriend? ;) Hehehe, I'm just kidding, I know what you meant! I was very happy when I found my little Bob =D I was also very happy with my little Frida, since I saw her she was very friendly.

Trellum, Jul 30, 2015
  12. Trellum

Haha, I think I love Homer as much as I love my boyfriend:D:p
    But I'm not sure if I'm Homer's favorite person. He always follows either my boyfriend or my father and ignores me when they're around;)

claudine, Aug 3, 2015
  13. Trellum

Shhhhhh, don't let your boyfriend hear you say that, lol! My fiance gets a bit jealous if I tell him I dream of another man xD if I told him I love frida as much I love him he might get a bit upset :p And that is weird! I wonder why he follows your boyfriend a lot? Does he ever walk him or give him tasty treats?

Trellum, Aug 3, 2015
  14. Trellum

Dogs love my boyfriend:) He walked Homer only once or twice in the past and has never given him any treats. Yet, Homer adores him;) Same goes for my neighbor's dog and dogs we meet in the park.

claudine, Aug 4, 2015
  15. Trellum

Jessa Loraine Jumao-as New Member

I had a friend who has dogs at home. I only visited there once but I loved his dogs. When one of his dogs, Suzie, got pregnant by an unknown dog, he offered to give me one of them. I badly wanted to have one. And it turned out that he gave me two dogs. :) I named them Marsha and Mallows because my partner loves marsh mallows. But me and my dogs are in a long distance relationship status at the moment because dogs are not allowed in our pad. And I miss them so much. :'(

Jessa Loraine Jumao-as, Aug 4, 2015
  16. Trellum

Hello, Jessa Loraine Jumao-as! It's very nice to meet you. Marsha and Mallows are super cute names! Are they male or female? I don't live with my dog either, so I know how you feel. It's hard:(

claudine, Aug 4, 2015
  17. Trellum

Lol, that is weird! I guess he must have some kind of gift D: or maybe he is just a very nice person and dogs can sense that :) I have heard dogs can tell when someone is a very good person, so they tend to feel attracted to that kind of people.

Trellum, Aug 4, 2015
  18. Trellum

Haha, I think they can sense he's a very nice person. He would never admit it, but he loves dogs:D My best friend's mother is the same. Dogs never bark at her.

claudine, Aug 5, 2015
  19. Trellum

Over here they say of that people that they have a ''gentle'' soul and dogs can sense that, dogs and other animals :) I also have a friend who seems to the a magnet for dogs and they never bark at her. She is a very gentle person, I think dogs can feel that, she is also very relaxed most of the time. I love spending time with her.

Trellum, Aug 5, 2015
  20. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

The Rottie came from a local breeder and friend of my husband. Remy came from an ex-girlfriend of my son. Zola is Remy's only surviving 'child'. Ginger came from another now ex-girlfriend of my son. The dogs and the exes, what am I going to do?

Winterybella, Aug 5, 2015
Ask a Question