Horror for 5-year-old child as she finds her lost dog cooked at Vietnamese stall

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

God, this ought to be the saddest and most gruesome thing I've ever seen! I can't believe people over there are still eating dogs, and what is worse... stealing them from the yards of the rightful owners just to cook them and make some money off them. Horrible!!!!

http://www.examiner.com/article/hor...finds-her-lost-dog-cooked-at-vietnamese-stall

Trellum, Apr 1, 2015
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say. This is absolutely horrible and shocking. Looking at the picture of this poor girl and her dog broke my heart. People who murdered Flower should face the consequences of their actions!

claudine, Apr 2, 2015
  3. Trellum

I know, Claudine, I felt the same, sadly in many countries in Asia eating dog is fine. Yes, in most Asian countries they think it's ok to eat dogs. Flower was stolen from her own house :( Those people who were selling her in that stall should face criminal charges... but they're in Asia, so surely nothing will be done about it :(

Trellum, Apr 4, 2015
  4. Trellum

It's shocking and outrageous:( Dogs are our friends, I don't understand people who see them as food:( Only a monster could have stolen a dog from a little girl and cooked it.

claudine, Apr 4, 2015
  5. Trellum

Yes, I feel the same way! It was a criminal act to steal that dog from its own yard :(I can't believe in Asia they're so backwards when it comes to animal rights, but sadly they are. I mean, I know a Chinese person who says that the only thing that Chinese people don't eat (that has 4 legs) it's the table and the chair. It sounds awful!

Trellum, Apr 5, 2015
  6. Trellum

Yuck:eek: It's disgusting and cruel. I haven't eaten meat in over 20 years, so thinking about people who cook dogs, horses, rabbits, pigs and other cute animals really makes me feel sick. I'd much rather starve myself than eat an animal.

claudine, Apr 5, 2015
  7. Trellum

Sadly Claudine, it seems in some Asian countries is rather common to eat all those cute animals! For me... well, I couldn't see myself eating any of those, but in Asia is very common. I actually don't trust the Chinese food restaurants for that reason.

Trellum, Apr 6, 2015
  8. Trellum

I heard that some Chinese food restaurants serve street pidgeons instead of chickens to save money, but I'm not sure if it's true:confused: I don't eat there either. It seems too risky:eek: However, I plan to cook Chinese pasta. I already bought bamboo shoots and mun mushrooms.

claudine, Apr 6, 2015
  9. Trellum

andrew New Member

;);)Personally the shop vendor should be roasted and sold on the street

andrew, Jun 5, 2016
  10. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

That is really horrible and the picture of the little girl and her cooked dog made me gagged at how someone could even displayed the dog like that.

I know foods are rare to have in Northern Vietnam and people did what they can to stay alive. We may think it is cruelty but for them is survival.

There is also a Chinese restaurant in my area that might have substituted CAT meat for chicken too. My neighbor said he saw many cats in cages in the restaurant's enclosed backyard when he did their roof. We were not 100% sure, but we have stopped eating there.

IcyBC, Jun 9, 2016
  11. Trellum

remnant Well-Known Member

I have seen a case of someone eating a dog in East Africa. The man was a paradox of sorts in that he was smartly dressed and had slaughtered a dog to cook it which is an aberration in this part of the world. The individual was a case of drug abuse. Otherwise consumption of third trophic level animals is paranormal considering energy loss at each trophic level and the fact that dogs are exposed to all sorts of vermin.

remnant, Jun 9, 2016
  12. Trellum

Corzhens Well-Known Member

I'm speechless by this thread's topic. Just the title makes me cringe. Eating dog meat is not strange here. In fact, there is a region in our country where dog meat is a delicacy and their favorite. But seeing your dog cooked and sold in a stall, huh.

We have a neighbor who had that problem a long time ago. She confided to me that her uncle was almost bitten by her dog. She works in a mall and lives with his uncle's family. When she came home the next day, her dog was gone and her uncle said that the dog got loose and didn't return. After some weeks, a neighbor intimated to her that the dog was given to the drinkers who butchered the dog and cooked for their drinking session. I still remember how she cried when she told me that story.

Corzhens, Jun 16, 2016
  13. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I remember seeing this a long time ago and thinking it could not be a true story. I even mentioned it to my son a little while back. A very sad thing. I find it's these kinds of stories that have made me stay away from certain restaurants. It's like a mental discomfort you feel before you order a meal. So long after this happened and it still saddens me.

Winterybella, Jun 16, 2016
  14. Trellum

amelia88 Well-Known Member

I only just saw this thread and I am too heartbroken for that child to even go and click on the link...reading the description had tears welling up in my eyes already.

I fully believe that dogs are humans best friend...I also can't comprehend cultures that eat them. I know that many people would say that there are plenty of cultures that don't eat beef or pork or things like that, and may look at us eating those as bizarre...but I just can't understand eating dogs. I'm welling up with tears again...so sad :(

amelia88, Jul 8, 2016
Ask a Question