Have you ever reported someone for dog abuse?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SheWolfSilver, Feb 19, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

My new neighbors have these three young pups and I'm not even sure what breed they are but they leave them out in all kinds of weather with no shelter. I have called the county on them on several occasions and they come out talk to them the people will bring the dogs in and that's it until they do it again! I wait until it gets cold again and then I call back again and the whole process starts over! What do I have to do to get these poor dogs away from these people!

SheWolfSilver, Feb 19, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

Just keep calling, if you don't see any changes in their living conditions or if the conditions worsen. Obviously, the county is not seeing the abuse that you perceive. Also, if your city or township has an animal control organization, then call them instead of the county next time. The city/township might have stricter rules for care than the county does.

LoupGarouTFTs, Feb 19, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

The very first time I called it was to Animal Rescue and they're the ones who told me I had to call county. I guess I'll just have to keep calling.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 20, 2012
    King Browny and summerRain like this.
  4. SheWolfSilver

inTHEsane Active Member

I have never had to report someone for dog abuse but if I ever witnessed it I would in a heart beat. Like said above I would just keep calling as many times as you can every time that you see it happening. Eventually the officials will get sick of having to come out so many times and then finally do their job, or the owners of the puppies will either wise up or at least get sick of the officials always coming out. Hopefully, and in theory or course, but good luck and good for you for calling, many people just look the other way.

inTHEsane, Feb 20, 2012
  5. SheWolfSilver

zararina Well-Known Member

I had never experienced calling a rescue for a dog.

I think better if they would just give away those puppies/dogs to others that will really care than keep them.

zararina, Feb 20, 2012
  6. SheWolfSilver

summerRain Well-Known Member

I second to that zararina. They shouldn't have tried to raise those poor puppies if they don't know how to treat them well.

People in our community are dog lovers. I haven't seen any dog abuse yet and I wish it wont happen. I saved the numbers of some animal organizations on my phone just in case.

summerRain, Feb 20, 2012
  7. SheWolfSilver

I just checked out the window on them because it is fixing to storm and they aren't in the little pen. They must have them inside but I'm hoping they have given them away.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 20, 2012
  8. SheWolfSilver

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

Not personally, but I was encouraging my grandkids to call on their neighbor when they tell me they leave the poor dog tied up all day and night...and this is Arizona...even in winter the sun is hot.

SallyintheValley, Feb 21, 2012
  9. SheWolfSilver

inTHEsane Active Member

Well hopefully that is the case and they either finally learned better and started caring, or if not hopefully they found a new home for them.
    It's a shame that this happens way to frequently, and more often then not goes unnoticed and/or unreported.

inTHEsane, Feb 22, 2012
  10. SheWolfSilver

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

No, but I have had words with some neighbors about taking better care of their dogs outside. My other neighbor had called in on them several times, but they never took the dogs away from the people. They just did not care for them the way I wanted them taking care of.

wahcashmom, Feb 25, 2012
  11. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

There is a law which says children can be taken away from abusive parents. I wonder if there's any law which allows us to take dogs away from abusive owners.

Victor Leigh, Mar 4, 2012
  12. SheWolfSilver

Well, if there isn't there certainly should be.

I actually found out that the pups were getting out of their pen so the people have started keeping them inside and just bringing them out ever so often.

SheWolfSilver, Mar 5, 2012
  13. SheWolfSilver

So what now? Petition the local authorities to pass a law to that effect? I wonder how many signatures are needed to submit a petition like that.

Victor Leigh, Mar 5, 2012
  14. SheWolfSilver

King Browny Well-Known Member

One of our neighbors used to take their dogs for a punching bag. They have big dogs actually and we sometimes hear their cries and the rest of the dogs in the neighborhood would bark when they hear those dreading sounds. My dog Browny bit that man once in the crotch area for no apparent reason he said. I guess my dog sees all the reason in the world why he has to bit him. We spent sum having him vaccinated though. Sheesh. Good thing, this man got the sense to let the dogs go from his care. We just found out about it when the dogs started wandering in the neighborhood and sleeping outside the man’s gate. They are no longer allowed inside his premises. And a neighbor without pet started feeding them and soon enough they are sleeping in her premise but in daytime, they wander around the neighborhood. Our good neighbor continue to feed them and then one day, they started staying in her place and that neighbor take them as her dog. The original owner doesn’t care at all. I guess he really don’t want those dogs otherwise he won’t treat them badly.

King Browny, Mar 10, 2012
  15. SheWolfSilver

Remembering those times, I can’t help but to think how loyal dogs really are to their master even if their master don’t deem they’re important. These dogs in the beginning would scratch their master’s gate at night. They still want to get inside even if they only get beaten in there. They still sleep in the front gate of their master’s house and it goes on even if this one neighbor started feeding them. It’s just sad that the place they call home only hurt them and shut them out. But like they said, when one door closes, another one opens. And this time, it’s a warm and loving home that takes them in.

King Browny, Mar 10, 2012
  16. SheWolfSilver

Good to know that those dogs found a new home with a loving owner who cares for them. I remember staying across the road from a family of dog abusers. They had one small mutt. It was never chained but it never ran away. Whenever it wanted to go to the toilet, it would poke its head out of the gate, looked left and right to see that the owners were not around, then darted out to do its business in some bushes further down the road and darted back inside again as soon as it had finished. Whenever any member of the owner's family came home, they would make a habit of beating the dog before they went into the house. They would use anything that was handy. A stick, a shoe, whatever. Unfortunately there wasn't any kind of authorities or societies in the area that I could call for help. After a couple of months, they moved away. I hope the dog managed to find another better owner.

It's times like these that I wished that I was brave enough to take a stick and hit the dog abusers.

Victor Leigh, Mar 10, 2012
  17. SheWolfSilver

This made my heart and head ache. I don’t think this people are in their right mind. They took the dog for their dreadful recreation. How I wish dogs have the mind to escape from their abuser. I hope this dog is in a safe place now.

King Browny, Mar 15, 2012
  18. SheWolfSilver

Aahhh, that's why the Chinese call someone whom you cannot get rid "live like a dog". Dogs are soooo loyal. I have seen a man who is not quite right in his head. He goes from trashcan to trashcan scrounging for left-overs to eat. His dog follows him faithfully. His dog doesn't care that he is not quite right in the head.

Victor Leigh, Mar 15, 2012
  19. SheWolfSilver

Because of that this thought came to mind. If every spouse or significant other is as loyal as a dog, nobody would commit infidelity. :p

King Browny, Mar 17, 2012
  20. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh, Mar 18, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
Ask a Question