Have you ever lost your dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by remnant, Aug 16, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant Well-Known Member

Some time ago, we had a black loyal dog who used to guard the compound. He rarely strayed and had a phobia for strangers. One day, one of our family members went out with him across the ridge to a nearby village across the river and was not seen for some time. He was later found alive and in good health but with a dirty coat. We never found out why he got lost and failed to retrace his steps. Have you ever lost your dog?

remnant, Aug 16, 2016
  2. remnant

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I have only our dog for a little over two years, and he is either inside the house or in a fenced yard. He is always with us so we didn't have that experience yet. I am sure it would be a nerve breaking point for you all, without knowing where he might be.

So glad that you have your dog back though!

IcyBC, Aug 17, 2016
  3. remnant

cluckeyo Active Member

I used to worry about losing her when she was young. But she is so trained now. She stays off the road, watches both ways before she crosses, stays close to home. She is so friendly that I used to worry she was going to jump in a car with some strangers and they would take her away. She loves people.

cluckeyo, Aug 17, 2016
  4. remnant

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I guess I have over the years been seen running the streets looking for one or the other of my three small dogs. The longest any have gone missing is maybe 15/20mins. It usually happens when a door might have been left opened and one or all of them went exploring. I panic whenever it happens. My cat never got back home so I am never too careful:(.

Winterybella, Aug 17, 2016
  5. remnant

claudine Well-Known Member

Fortunately, not. It would be a nightmare! Just thinking about it makes my heart break.
    Homer once tried to run away from me, but a nice gentleman helped me catch him. It happened when Homer was a crazy puppy.

claudine, Aug 17, 2016
Ask a Question