Greyhound owners?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Yiddo, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Yiddo

Yiddo Member

Are there any greyhound owners here? I have one named Jed who we adopted from the GAP program. They usually shoot them after their racing career is finished, but GAP buys them and sells them out so they don't have to have their life ended so soon.

Yiddo, Apr 22, 2013
  2. Yiddo

claudine Well-Known Member

I'm not a greyhound owner but I really like this breed, my aunt used to have one and he was really nice and friendly.
    Do they really shoot them after their racing career is finished? It's so barbaric and so unbelievably cruel! Whenever I hear of people who hurt dogs, it always makes me so sad and angry, I wish I could do something. It's wonderful that you adopted Jed, he is a really lucky dog:)

claudine, May 2, 2013
  3. Yiddo

MzMonka Well-Known Member

Unfortunately claudine they do shoot them or sell them to someone who is going to do not so nice things with them. This unfortunately is the ugly side to grey hound racers. I think programs like GAP are in place because the horror stories I used to hear really broke my heart. They are truly sweet dogs just active and not for everyone. We had a fried that had a rescue and he was lovely, only problem she ran into when she walked him at night if someone had a flash light he would take off running to chase it down.

MzMonka, May 6, 2013
Ask a Question