Funny memories with your dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by zararina, Jan 31, 2012.

1. zararina

zararina Well-Known Member

I could still remember some funny memories or moments with my past dogs.
    Just like with my dog Dinky, when she was still a puppy, she used to follow me even I was in the bathroom doing anything and will wait until I done my business there. She will destroy the door and will not stop crying if I would not let her in. Lol

What some fun memories you have with your dogs?

zararina, Jan 31, 2012
  2. zararina

saizo6 Member

One of the funniest and cutest memory I have is of my chihuahua, Toby when he was around one. My family went out to dinner so we had to leave him home alone (it was the first time that we left him unattended). When we came back we were expecting a warm welcome from him but instead we found a raving mad pup. He was circling my sister and barking up a storm (it totally looked like he was ranting at her). After a few minutes of this he kind of huffed and went off into his cage completely ignoring everyone and everything. He wouldn't even come out no matter how much he tried to coax him. I thought it was the funniest thing ever because it really reminded me of my sister during one of her fits. My mom even went so far as to say "like owner like pet".

saizo6, Jan 31, 2012
  3. zararina

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

When I had my Pomeranian Niki (R.I.P. Niki) she loved for me to carry her around like a baby. She would just lay there on her back for as long as I would hold her.

Niki got a growth on her belly the vet told me it was cancer and it was already too far gone to do anything. She was pretty old and kind of slow but she never acted sick or anything and then I woke up one morning and she was just gone. She's buried in the yard of my other house where my daughter now lives.

We also had another Pom Prince who could not stand for anyone to touch me. LOL Many of our male friends have almost lost their male parts because Prince would jump up and try to nip them there.

SheWolfSilver, Jan 31, 2012
  4. zararina

saizo6 Member

That's really sad to hear. It's always hard losing a pet. But I had to laugh at Prince, reminds me of a friends dog. He was really territorial of his owner.

Daisy (the one in the picture to the left) is the same way. She is such a lazy bone that she won't get up to go and do her business in the mornings. When I call for her to go outside she'd just burrow under her blankets and ignore me. I'd have to carry her like a baby out the door.

saizo6, Jan 31, 2012
  5. zararina

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

LOL That sounds like my dachshund Bitsy! She is lazy especially of it is cold outside. She would probably hold it until she popped to keep from going out.

[​IMG]

SheWolfSilver, Feb 1, 2012
  6. zararina

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I can remember a funny moment with one of my dogs. Funny as in peculiar not as in funny haha. She was a Spitz mix, with long hair. One day, it rained very hard. She was in her kennel outside. I looked to see whether she was flooded. Then I saw her standing right outside in the rain. Totally unperturbed. Apparently her double-coat kept her very well insulated against the rain and cold. It was really funny seeing her standing there in the pouring rain like as if nothing was going on.

Definitely doesn't need any extra gear like this pug:
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Feb 2, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  7. zararina

zararina Well-Known Member

He sure was angry being left alone. LOL

Our dog (the right one in my avatar/profile photo) would destroy paper or plastic when being left alone in a room for too long or he knows he was totally left alone in the house. It was like his way of telling us that he will destroy something if he would be left alone so better not do it. And that he got bored when no one is around. Lol

zararina, Feb 2, 2012
  8. zararina

saizo6 Member

@SheWolfSilver: Your dachshund is very pretty. And yes, my dogs hate the cold too. They got really mad at me a while back because I took them out since it was snowing.

@Victor Leigh : That is just so cute! At least the poor thing wasn't bothered by the rain. Mine would start spazzing if I kept them out too long in that kind of weather.

@zararina: That sounds like Daisy (the one in the picture). Apparently, my brother's room was left opened one day while we weren't home and she snuck in there, jumped onto is computer chair, then desk and devoured a cheeseburger he left on there. We came home to find her acting very weird so we thought she was sick at first. It wasn't until my brother got home and started asking where his food was that we realized what Daisy's problem was.

saizo6, Feb 3, 2012
  9. zararina

Depends on the type of dog you have. If you have those breeds with thick double coats, rain is just like water off a duck's back. My Candy is a Bangkeaw and she has a very thick double coat. I suppose that's how she can stay half-immersed in a tub of water the whole day long.

Victor Leigh, Feb 4, 2012
  10. zararina

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

It is not a great memory, but when I was a child we had a mixed breed female dog named Scrappy. Back then (1940s) dogs could run around loose unleashed so unless your female was spayed (which most weren't back then) they came home pregnant a lot. Well Scrappy was a doomed Mother to be I guess. Once year she labored all day to have the vet finally come out and deliver 1 large still born pup. The dog she bred with obviously was too large a breed. A couple years later she seemed to be happily carrying a litter of pups and we were all excited about it. She gave birth to 3 really cute spotted dogs....but died in the process. That memory will stick with me forever. We raised those pups with baby bottles and kept one and gave 2 away. Her son Sparky lived a pretty long life.

SallyintheValley, Feb 7, 2012
  11. zararina

That's a really tragic tale. It must be so sad to look at Sparky and remember Scrappy. Did Sparky sire any puppies of his own?

Victor Leigh, Feb 8, 2012
Ask a Question