Funny dog habit

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by King Browny, Dec 1, 2011.

1. King Browny

King Browny Well-Known Member

What’s your dog’s funny habit that he/she would show off oftentimes and unaware?

I had a pup that would jump around when his meal is being prepared. And he would keep on jumping around until you put the platter in front of him. He’s that thrilled to have his meal. :D

King Browny, Dec 1, 2011
  2. King Browny

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

My dog's favorite trick is to pretend to be asleep. She would lie down and close her eyes. Once in a while, she would open one eye a bit to see what's going on around her.

Victor Leigh, Dec 1, 2011
    King Browny likes this.
  3. King Browny

zararina Well-Known Member

Hmmm... My dog also gets too excited when it was meal time as if he have not ate anything for days. Lol
    Another funny habit he have is that he licks his front paws when it got wet outside when he was almost entering the house. And sometimes he would just lay down in the floor and would repeatedly scratch his face with his two paws as if he was crazy enjoying it. :p

zararina, Dec 1, 2011
  4. King Browny

Maybe your dog had seen cats doing that to clean their own faces and it thought it would be a neat thing to do. Either that or the pesky mites have set up home base on its face.

Victor Leigh, Dec 2, 2011
  5. King Browny

Nick87 Well-Known Member

My youngest dog loves to lick people. When you're petting her you can't get her to stop licking you, and if you're not wearing socks, you're in for cold wet feet.

Nick87, Dec 2, 2011
  6. King Browny

Nyahaha! Your dog is disgustingly sweet. :D She reminds me of my sister-in-law’s Lab. Imagine how long his tongue is and he would lick your face again and again as he sits in your lap. Where did this dog learn this habit? Would your dog pull your socks off, Nick, so he’ll have a taste of your feet? :p

King Browny, Dec 3, 2011
  7. King Browny

For a dog, to lick the face is to show affection. I have seen dogs licking other dogs on the face, too. So when your dog licks your feet, it means that it loves you very much. Either that or you haven't washed your feet very much.

Victor Leigh, Dec 3, 2011
  8. King Browny

So, licking could also be like kissing in human. :D I wonder why dogs won’t get sick licking their dirty parts and theirs or another dog's wounds.

King Browny, Dec 7, 2011
  9. King Browny

I think it has something to do with the dog's immunity system. It may be part of it's genetic heritage or it may be an acquired immunity. I have seen people who are not quite right in the head who can live by eating rotten food found in the rubbish dump.

Victor Leigh, Dec 7, 2011
  10. King Browny

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

My dog will sing! Yes, I know that sounds odd, but anytime you yell at someone in another room... he starts to sing this really odd song... it sounds like redrover, redrover... LOL

wahcashmom, Dec 14, 2011
  11. King Browny

That's a neat trick. Do you do a duet with your dog? That would be even neater.

Victor Leigh, Dec 14, 2011
  12. King Browny

Nick87 Well-Known Member

Luckily my dog hasn't learned to pull off socks, that would be a whole new level of an annoying habit, lol. She does, however, steal your socks if you're trying to put them on and leave them within her reach.

Nick87, Dec 19, 2011
  13. King Browny

My dogs haven't gone into socks yet but shoes are a favorite treat. Expecially when they are puppies. If I forget to keep my shoes in the shoes cabinet before I go to bed, I would wake up the next morning to find one missing. Oddly, there are times when, search as I may, I cannot find the missing shoe.

Victor Leigh, Dec 20, 2011
  14. King Browny

classy_ally Member

My dog likes to control our bedtime. If I am on the computer, she will sit on the side of the bed and watch me. As if to say, "it's time for bed Mommie". Then she will start pawing at me. Once I am in the bed, she is satisified and goes to sleep. Crazy!

classy_ally, Dec 20, 2011
  15. King Browny

Well, I think Candy understands when I am working on the computer through the night. She just sleeps under my chair until I am finished. Then when I go to bed, she sleeps under the bed. Unless it's a very cold night. Then she would sleep at my feet.

Victor Leigh, Jan 2, 2012
  16. King Browny

MakingCents Well-Known Member

Haha, this made me laugh because my dog does the same thing. If he wants to eat or go out he just sits and stares at us until we get up then he either runs to the door or runs to his food bowl to show us what he wants.

MakingCents, Jan 2, 2012
  17. King Browny

Perhaps you can have that recorded one day so we can hear it. We'll be like the judge in American Idol as he shows us his performance. :D

King Browny, Jan 6, 2012
  18. King Browny

MakingCents Well-Known Member

You need to record your dog singing send it in to an animal talent show or something. Your dog could probably win you some big money!

MakingCents, Jan 6, 2012
  19. King Browny

Like the Planet’s Funniest Animals. It is shown in one local station in our country. I believe it’s a show in the U.S. featured in the Animal Planet. I could die laughing with the funny antics of animals there. :D
    There’s also the America’s Funniest Home Videos where pets as much as humans can give the audiences a really big laugh. You'll cry laughing with these shows.

King Browny, Jan 20, 2012
Ask a Question