Food Time is Sacred

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by haopee, Mar 14, 2013.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

I did not mention this because it was such a hectic couple of weeks for me but my puppies contracted Parvo. I was fortunate that they survived such a fatal disease. Still, we've had countless sleepless nights because of it.

Anyway, since they've begun recovering, we're sticking them to an eating schedule which is 3 times a day. One time, the person in charge of feeding them forgot to feed them for lunch time. One of the little ones decided to go into the kitchen (even though they know they aren't allowed in there) and show her that their food was running late by sitting in front of her.

Has your dog ever done this before simply because you forgot about the sacred schedule?

haopee, Mar 14, 2013
  2. haopee

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Yes, my Candy is good at reminding me. She has the run of the house including the kitchen. However, when we are having dinner she would just sit by the table and not make any fuss at all. When we finish, she expects to be fed. Only if we forget, would she remind us with a sharp bark.

Victor Leigh, Mar 15, 2013
  3. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yep, of course. He is much more blunt about it than simply sitting in front of us, though. He will whine and whimper and talk. He'll follow you around, hopping all over the place. He insists it's dinner time and you just can't put it off.

Jessi, Mar 15, 2013
  4. haopee

claudine Well-Known Member

It's good to hear your puppies are doing better, Haopee:D
    Somehow Homer always knows when it's time for food and he always makes sure that I remember about it. He usually just sits in front of me and stares at me:p

claudine, Mar 15, 2013
    haopee likes this.
  5. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

Oh, I SO hate it when they do that. Small dogs can get away with everything... I'm sure you'd think twice if Homer was a Great Dane. They do look cute with their beady eyes and their heads drooped a little while they stare at you. Ugh! I think I'm having a nosebleed!

I'm glad my pups haven't learned to demand yet. There are a number of them and I wouldn't have a dozen eyes looking at me in that same manner I described above.

haopee, Mar 19, 2013
  6. haopee

But if they'll learn how to do it, please take a picture of them, sitting together and staring, I'm sure it will look super cute:D
    My Homer always makes me laugh when he does it, it's just so adorable:D

claudine, Mar 19, 2013
  7. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

Good idea! Chooey has the best pictures, though. She's not even a pup anymore. But she has big beady eyes and a cute button nose.

[​IMG]
    Cute Shih Tzu

haopee, Mar 20, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  8. haopee

Aww, she is so adorable! And photogenic:) And what a funny hairdo she has:D
    Looking at this picture makes me want to stroke her little head, I love dogs like her:D

claudine, Mar 20, 2013
    haopee likes this.
  9. haopee

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Oh, that top knot is more or less the standard hairdo for Shih Tzus. We usually spice it up a bit with colored ribbons and I have even seen some top knots decorated with knickknacks like bells. However, having multiple top knots like that is not that common. The top knot can also be considered as pre-requisite hairdo because it keeps the hair out of the eyes.

Victor Leigh, Mar 22, 2013
  10. haopee

This is why I wanted to do something like this with Homer's hair - he can't see anything because his hair keeps falling into his eyes. Unfortunately he doesn't tolerate any special hairdos, he clearly wants his hair to be as messy as possible - he rolls all the time:eek:

claudine, Mar 23, 2013
  11. haopee

trishgl Well-Known Member

My chow also eats in the dining area. If she's already hungry and there is still no food in her bowl she'll sit near the dining table and look at us with her mouth hanging open. If we still don't feed her she'll place her paws at the very end of the table and look at what we are eating. She won't try to get anything but she'll make her presence known.

trishgl, Mar 24, 2013
  12. haopee

zararina Well-Known Member

Definitely yes. :D
    They might not be able to read the clock but they knew if it's feeding time already. Our recent dog will never leave me alone and if not given attention or not preparing his food yet, he will whine or produce a sound as if saying "I am Hungry!". :p

zararina, Apr 1, 2013
Ask a Question