Food on My Dog

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Have you guys seen this Tumblr? http://foodonmydog.com/

It's a ton of pictures of them balancing foods on their dog's head. Some of them are pretty funny, but others make me feel sorry for the dog.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jessi, Mar 21, 2012
  2. Jessi

haopee Well-Known Member

That's the awesome power of "Leave it" and "Stay". This brindled gal looks awesome. I bet their rewards are the food on top of their heads, or better yet a big juicy steak ;).

Great website by the way. The name of the dog is Tiger. It's confirmed, she does usually get the food she balances. As for those that aren't supposed to be fed to dogs, they're replaced with doggy treats. She's a mix between a Staffordshire Terrier and an American Bulldog.

And according to ghostmakermice, Tiger wags her tail when she sees a camera being prepped for her.

haopee, Mar 22, 2012
  3. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

That was a trick to make that dog behave and stay on one place.;)
    Well, as long as she will get all those foods or treats and be happy with it as if playing, it was a nice trick.

zararina, Mar 22, 2012
  4. Jessi

Becky Well-Known Member

I've seen a blog called 'Stuff on my cat' before but I'd not seen this one before! Sounds like Tiger enjoys it :)

Becky, Mar 22, 2012
  5. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I've seen the "stuff on my cat" one before, too. They put all sorts of things on the cats!

I'm glad to see Tiger actually gets to eat most of the things he has balanced on him. I'd feel so bad for him if he just had to stand there with it on his head and then not get anything.

Jessi, Mar 22, 2012
  6. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I looked at those pictures a few times and just can't get away from feeling that the dog wasn't exactly happy about the whole thing. The expression on its face said something like "Sigh, what a way to make a living."

Victor Leigh, Mar 23, 2012
  7. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Some of them definitely look like that.

Then I have to think about when I was training my dog to sit, stay, etc. He never looked too happy during that either and was always so focused on the treat he knew was about to come. I'm betting this dog is equally as determined to get his treat and probably just thinks his owners are crazy for making him pose for pictures first.

Jessi, Mar 23, 2012
  8. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Maybe this is where the use of treats in training has its shortcomings. If the dog is trained to perform to seeks its owner's approval, this type of problem wouldn't exist.

Victor Leigh, Mar 25, 2012
  9. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Jessi, Jul 16, 2012
Ask a Question