Fleas are so bad this year, what do you all do for fleas?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by wahcashmom, Dec 14, 2011.

1. wahcashmom

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Fleas are so bad this year, what do you all do for fleas?

My mom has this cute dog, but he goes outside a whole lot and he gets covered up in fleas! What do you all do for fleas?

wahcashmom, Dec 14, 2011
  2. wahcashmom

zararina Well-Known Member

When our dog have a lot of fleas before, we just use Shield Guard Powder. It was really for removing fleas. We powder our dog after taking a bath or if the fleas seems to be so visible on her body. Funny but we really pour her a lot of powder and just let her stay outside (inside our gate of course) since the powder might scattered in the house. And it really helped her removed those fleas until those just gone. I am not just sure if how long does it take. Maybe a month or less. ;)

zararina, Dec 14, 2011
  3. wahcashmom

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Thanks, I will have to get her to try this. She has tried so many shampoos, and it just has not worked for her.

wahcashmom, Dec 15, 2011
  4. wahcashmom

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I have used a liquid which is rubbed into the fur along the spine after a bath. I can't remember the name but it's effective for a few months. It's sold in a small vial. Quite expensive, too. About 3usd for just such a little bit.

Victor Leigh, Dec 15, 2011
  5. wahcashmom

zararina Well-Known Member

Welcome. :)
    I had tried looking/searching for the Shield Guard powder product online but I can not find it. It might be a local product here and not yet available anywhere else. It only costs more or less $1.
    But I think any anti flea powder could work too whatever brand is available there. ;)

zararina, Dec 15, 2011
  6. wahcashmom

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Flea control, you must understand, is not a localized effort. You can get rid of fleas just by applying something to your dog. Your whole house has to be defleaed, so to say. You need to wash your floors with anti-flea solution, too.

Victor Leigh, Dec 16, 2011
Ask a Question