Favorite Toy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by danielle davidson, Jul 4, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidson Active Member

I would have to say that my dogs favorite toy would be his little purple squeaky toy that I got for him not too long ago. I see him playing with it all the time. He likes playing with most of his toy's, especially if it means that he is able to make a mess taking them all out! He loves making a mess so that I have to clean it up. It seems like he does this at least once a week. I don't care that he does, as long as my pug is having a good time. Does your dog have a favorite toy he likes using?

danielle davidson, Jul 4, 2015
    Johanna and IcyBC like this.
  2. danielle davidson

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer has a lot of toys, but he ignores them. He always wants to play with pine cones:) Chewing them is a lot of fun for him. Our home looks like a forest. There are pine cones in every room!

claudine, Jul 5, 2015
    Johanna likes this.
  3. danielle davidson

Trellum Well-Known Member

My girl is kinda weird, not sure she really has a toy she really prefers, because she seems obsessed with rats! I guess rats are her favorite toy, lol. She loves to hunt them, but she has yet to catch one. She is a schnauzer, so she lives to hunt those. She also seems to like her soft ball.

Trellum, Jul 5, 2015
    Johanna likes this.
  4. danielle davidson

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Sometimes I feel like little Ann's (the only one who chews), considers my bare ankle her favorite toy.

LilAnn, Jul 5, 2015
    Johanna likes this.
  5. danielle davidson

Haha, Homer used to be like that when he was a puppy. He loved biting everyone's ankles, it was his favorite thing to do. Back then walking in our house was very difficult and risky, lol. Fortunately, he grew out of this habit. I hope it will be the same with little Ann:)

claudine, Jul 6, 2015
  6. danielle davidson

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Mine truly has a favorite squeaky pink toy for sure, but the squeaker is driving everyone in the house crazy, so I have to put it away for a few days and then allow him to play with it for a while. He goes to bed with it and holds in his mouth everywhere he goes.

The squeaker broke for a while, and somehow he got it to work now. This is the only toy that he hasn't destroyed yet. I think he loves the soft spikes in his mouth :)

Attached Files:

IcyBC, Jul 11, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  7. danielle davidson

danielle davidson Active Member

Oh my gosh! I would freak out if remy brought a rat back to our house! That is funny though that his favorite toy is rats hahaha. That gives her something to do though!

danielle davidson, Jul 14, 2015
  8. danielle davidson

Awww, your dog is very cute:D I'm sure he's having a lot of fun.
    But, to be honest, I'm glad my Homer doesn't like playing with squeaky toys. They make so much noise!;)

claudine, Jul 15, 2015
  9. danielle davidson

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Thanks goodness, the squeaky was broken now, but he still loves that pink squishy ball very much. Not only he entertained himself with it, he always wants us to play with him. I am on the look out to buy another one for back up since it is the only toy that lasted for more than a few day. He got it as Christmas present, so it is worth to have a second one on hand :)

IcyBC, Jul 16, 2015
  10. danielle davidson

I give my dog Christmas gifts too!:D
    When Homer was younger, he loved playing with a rubber pig toy. He used to carry it everywhere with him:)

claudine, Jul 16, 2015
  11. danielle davidson

Johanna Well-Known Member

Mine loves teddy bears!!!!

Johanna, Mar 26, 2016
  12. danielle davidson

morgoodie Member

I do not have many toys for my dogs as my Boston likes to chew things apart and ingest them. He likes to play with the bones or antlers that I have bought for them. My Pitbull found a walnut in the yard and started throwing it around to play with. She does the same thing with hair ties too. So she can pretty much find anything to play with and be happy.

morgoodie, Mar 31, 2016
    Johanna likes this.
  13. danielle davidson

Johanna Well-Known Member

Lol!! Fun

Johanna, Apr 1, 2016
  14. danielle davidson

Old Gray Mare New Member

Beanie Babies were Barnie's favorite and toughest toys. He could shake (the beans rattling seemed to add to the fun) chew on them, carry them around everywhere and they were pretty much indestructible. Whereas the "dog toys" didn't last any time. I don't even know if Beanie Babies are still around or if so. are they as well made as they were years ago when my grand daughter loved them? Barnie will steal them from her until I started buying him his own. If you run across some in a yard sale buy it!

Old Gray Mare, May 9, 2016
  15. danielle davidson

Snary84 Member

My dogs have lots of toys and they play with all of them, from time to time. But they seem mostly fixated with a old braided rope toy I had bought for them when Moka was a puppy.
    It's the oldest toy they have and I think they love it so much because it allows them to play together, they pull the rope from both sides and seem to have lots of fun.
    Diana loves rubber balls too, Moka is faithful to that old rope, she brings it almost everywhere. I tought several times to throw it out, since it's so old and ruined but I can't bring myself to do it. They love it so much! Maybe I could buy a new one and see if they will like it as much. :)

Snary84, May 9, 2016
  16. danielle davidson

cluckeyo Active Member

When my dog was younger, she had her pink piggy. That was her first toy that she absolutely loved. Cushiony like a small stuffed animal, it had a squeaker inside. She played and played and played and played with it. It was so cute to watch. One day it got a hole in it, and she strung stuffing all over the house. I picked it all up, stuffed it back in and sewed it up for her. Which made her happy. After that happened about 3 or 4 times, I finally tossed it. I had found her one similar. She picked right up on the new one. Hmmm, 3 or 4 years ago, she lost interest in her stuffies. Those were sure fun times!

cluckeyo, May 30, 2016
  17. danielle davidson

Cluckeyo, when Homer was a puppy he had a pink piggy too!:) He loved it and played with it every single day.
    It was many years ago. He's an adult now and doesn't like store-bought toys anymore.

claudine, Jun 23, 2016
  18. danielle davidson

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Our laundrywoman's granddaughter was so fond of Barbie that she gave our dog her rubber ball. It is as big as a tennis ball that squeaks when you press it with a matching light. Barbie loves that toy. However, we seldom give it to Barbie because she would be playing continuously until she is out of breath. Now I have kept it on top of a cabinet .

Corzhens, Jun 24, 2016
  19. danielle davidson

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Don't ask me where my dog toys have disappeared to. It feels like recently I am seeing a single toy between three small dogs and only one even bothers to play with it. The oldest dog never seems to care and her daughter seems to have lost interest. I am starting to believe that they are their own toys. They seem to just enjoy each other when they are not having the odd quarrel mostly over food.

Winterybella, Jun 30, 2016
Ask a Question