Exciting about dinner

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Melody, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I love this video. The dog gets very excited when he learns it's dinner time. The summary says he starts about 10 minutes before it's time. The video shows what he does once he realizes it is dinner time.

I have often been amazed at how well dog's understand routine and time. My Lab used to wake up at 5 minutes to 5 and stare me down because it was almost dinner time. Misha will stop everything about 2 minutes before it's time, sit right in front of me, and stare until I give her a sign.

They are better at keeping time than we are!

Melody, Jul 5, 2012
  2. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

I could agree that they are better in keeping time. I used to have a dog before that will wake me up 8AM daily. I also have a dog that will come to me whenever it was already lunch and dinner time and I am still doing something with my computer. And our neighbor dog knows our dog will be eating soon and so he will lay down in the floor and wait to be fed too. LOL

zararina, Jul 6, 2012
  3. Melody

haopee Well-Known Member

Every time he would hear the word hungry, food and dinner he would do the twirl. That's just cute. I guess he's conditioned himself to do those things because he knows there's food during that time and when he hears his master say them. I think that's cute.

haopee, Jul 6, 2012
  4. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Aww, I love how his "yes" answer comes in the form of a spin. My dog also responds to those key words, but his is more about cocking his head to the side, perking his ears, and huffing. If you do it for too long, he'll start "talking" to you in the form of huffs and whines to answer each time. I should take a video.

Jessi, Jul 12, 2012
Ask a Question