Dogs playing with pee mats

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by dan, Jan 24, 2022.

1. dan

dan New Member

Hi guys, I have 2 bassets (1 and 6), I'm at work 5am-2pm with my sister coming round mid shift to walk them. My youngest bassets struggles with house training and uses pee matts. My problem is that while I'm at work they use the matts as toys and rip them up. So i'm coming home to accidents on the floor.. Can any one advise a solution as I'm at my wits end. Many thanks

dan, Jan 24, 2022
  2. dan

Jahnfrederick New Member

Discourage your dog from playing with pee mats and redirect them to use them for potty purposes, supervise, provide positive reinforcement, and be consistent in your training.

Jahnfrederick, Oct 13, 2023
  3. dan

ADILHUSSAIN084 Active Member

Dogs playing with pee mats is not a recommended behavior. Pee mats are meant for toileting, and if a dog is playing with them, it can lead to confusion about their purpose and potential hygiene issues. It's best to discourage such behavior and provide a separate area or toys for playtime.

ADILHUSSAIN084, Oct 28, 2023
Ask a Question