Dogs learning from other dogs?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Melody, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

Haha, this is so funny and cute! She clearly knows what she wants, lol:) Homer always climbs on things. He loves lying on big stashes of pillows, blankets, clothes and rugs. The higher, the better:)

claudine, Apr 11, 2015
  2. Melody

Trellum Well-Known Member

Yeah, doggies like to be really comfy! She now has her own bed, I got it for her once she got big enough, wasn't sure how big she'd grow up. I had never had a standard sized schnauzer. Hehehe does he have a small pillow fort?

Trellum, Apr 11, 2015
  3. Melody

Haha, yes, he does! He has more pillows and blankets than me. Of course no one is allowed to touch them. He would bite me if I tried to organize his bed;)

claudine, Apr 12, 2015
  4. Melody

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Now Ginger is biting my toes. Zola has done it on occasions but not like Ginger. I think she'll bite me in the face if I let her. I am seeing no improvement there. I plan on adding some toys but the quality has to good as she will likely destroy them if they are not strong. She has already destroyed some I bought cheap.

Recently, I saw Remy playing with her. That's a plus as Remy is never big on playing. She is a serious girl most times.

Winterybella, Apr 27, 2015
  5. Melody

Don't worry, I'm sure she'll grow out of it. Puppies often act crazy;) It means they're happy. When Homer was very young, he used to bite everyone's ankles. I remember I had to sit with my legs up;)

claudine, Apr 28, 2015
  6. Melody

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I think dog learned from other dog as well. For example, when we babysat my nephew's dog and this dog has a problem with potty training. No matter how many times we took this dog out, when he came back inside the house, the pee on my living room area rug. Of course, I cleaned it with every possible options there were, Capone still picked up the scent, and peed on the same spot. After the my nephew's dog went home, Capone followed the leader, and did it again. I was so mad and tired of this bad behavior, I re-trained him by putting him in the kennel, and took him out every few hours. I also decided to throw out the rug, and it stopped Capone right on the track.

IcyBC, Oct 18, 2015
  7. Melody

Well I am sooooooooo happy to report that Ginger seems to be getting the poop thing right or mostly right. When I get in on evenings there is no poop so that means she is growing up and controlling herself. I guess the other two 'spoke to her'.

Winterybella, Oct 22, 2015
  8. Melody

I'm so glad to hear it, Winterybella!:) Ginger definitely is growing up. You're taking a very good care of her. I'm sure she loves you and wants you to be proud of her:)

claudine, Oct 27, 2015
  9. Melody

Claudine, I hope you are doing better. My Ginger really is getting better. She is maturing. I remember you and Trellum saying she would grow out of some of her bad habits and she has. The high pitch bark is still there and she is still the most mischievous and the boss of the others when they allow it, but she is generally far more refined.

Winterybella, Oct 28, 2015
Ask a Question