Dogs and hobbies

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by GavinMcresty, May 9, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Do you try to involve your dog with your own interests and hobbies? For example, if you go sailing does your dog go with you? Or if you are a camper, does your dog come along? Obviously, it is rather more difficult for things like chess and reading! Since most of our hobbies were musical in nature, it was rather difficult to involve a dog. I am sure they heard and listened. One of our dogs use to start howling if he heard a recorder!

GavinMcresty, May 9, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

claudine Well-Known Member

Not really. I love shopping but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't enjoy it. And I can't take him with me to a museum nor to philharmonic because dogs aren't allowed there. But almost every time when I'm reading a book - I'm a real book addict - he falls asleep on my knees...he is like a warm blanket which is great in winter:D

claudine, May 9, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

amundy8 Active Member

Most of the places I go to, dogs are not allowed. I would not really feel comfortable taking him to places I go, especially quiet places. If it is a park or a dog park, then I will take him where he fits in. There just aren't many places where I like that he would fit because of the atmosphere. I also like going out to eat, and restaurants definitely not a place for a dog..at least not where I'm from anyway.

amundy8, May 10, 2013
  4. GavinMcresty

zararina Well-Known Member

No, our dog does not want to go out.
    One of my hobby is to collect stamps and our dog would not enjoy to be involved with it. :p

zararina, May 27, 2013
  5. GavinMcresty

haopee Well-Known Member

I'm currently exercising with my nieces. I do hope Chooey grows interested in doing some Zumba with us... Although I doubt she'd want to participate seeing as how embarrassing we look while clumsily dancing the steps.

haopee, May 27, 2013
  6. GavinMcresty

TheBrit Active Member

Years ago when living in the UK I had a Golden Retriever named "Tobacco".
    Had him from an eight week old pup until I unfortunately had to have him put down age twelve.
    One of my big hobbies when he was around six years old was, "Radio Controlled Gliding". flying model gliders some up to 5ft wingspan, off of hillside slopes.
    He used to love it. Chasing back and fore across the hillside as he looked up watching the aircraft. When I used to bring the aircraft in to land he would run after it and stand with it wagging his tail and looking over at me with a smile on his face as if to say "I've caught it".
    Fantastic exercise for Tobacco and many happy memories for me.

TheBrit, May 28, 2013
Ask a Question