Doggy see, doggy do?

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I just keep watching it, lol. I know it's not an entirely complicated trick or anything, but it's mesmerizing. The dog is so focused, too.

Jessi, Oct 15, 2012
  2. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

This is cute:) . I hope this dog got a big and delicious treat. But why does he look up instead of looking at this woman feet?:p By the way: she has lovely shoes!:D

claudine, Oct 16, 2012
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

She's probably doing a hand command as well. Or he's keeping his eye on a treat that she's holding, hoping she'll pass it to him quickly. Or maybe both, hehe.

And I agree that her shoes are cute. :D

Jessi, Oct 16, 2012
  4. Jessi

pafjlh Well-Known Member

That's adorable, to watch this dog copy what its owner is doing with crossing their paws. Its funny how when the lady switches the leg to dog does the exact same thing. I wonder if he was trained to do this, or if it was something he picked up by watching his owner.

pafjlh, Oct 16, 2012
  5. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

That is a pretty good trick! I agree that there must be a hand signal or verbal command that we don't see. I've learned with Misha that you can make a normal behavior into a trick by giving it a verbal command. Once they associate what they normally do with the command it's easy to repeat.

This is how I taught Misha "high five". She was always jumping up to hit people's hands. So, I began asking for it. Now you can go over to her, put your hands up, and say "high five" and she will hit your hands.

Melody, Oct 17, 2012
  6. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Aww, that's cute. A friend of ours has his dog "give kisses" in the same manner. He was always jumping up on people and licking them. I find it incredibly disgusting myself, but whatever. Anyway, to help break her of the habit, he gave it a command and only allowed her to do it when he'd say "ok, give kisses now."

Jessi, Oct 18, 2012
  7. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

There's also the possibility that she didn't train the dog to do this at all, and it's just mocking her, lol

OhioTom76, Oct 18, 2012
    claudine likes this.
  8. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

You're right, I bet she is holding a treat:D . My Homer would never do any tricks if he didn't see that I have a reward for him. He is very calculating:p But I think that calculating dogs are just very intelligent;)

claudine, Oct 20, 2012
Ask a Question