Dog wearing shoes

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Melody, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

This had me laughing so hard. This is the dog's first time wearing shoes. It leads to an incredibly odd way of walking.

I remember when my Lab chewed up her pads of her feet. I bought some shoes to protect them. They lasted about 30 seconds. She couldn't keep them on. It is difficult to wear shoes without ankles. :D

Melody, Sep 16, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  2. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

Funny!:D I've bought shoes for Homer because in my area people crumble salt on sidewalks during winter because otherwise the sidewalks would be too slippery. I've heard that the salt can hurt dog's paws so I wanted some protection for Homer, but he refused to wear his shoes. He hated it:( .

claudine, Sep 16, 2012
  3. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Awww. I actually feel really bad for the dog. I did giggle at how he was walking, but can you imagine how he actually felt? He looks so miserable.

Jessi, Sep 16, 2012
  4. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Claudine, we never have to salt our sidewalks, so that's something I wouldn't have thought about. I guess it must poke their paws?

Jessi, I'm sure he was uncomfortable. Hopefully, he got the hang of it. I thought the handstand was clever.

It reminded me a bit of when my brother's wife bought their Doberman a sweat jacket. It didn't unzip all the way. It had to be pulled on. Unfortunately, the dog had gotten larger in between wears. They got it on the dog, but when they tried to get it off, it wouldn't budge. To make it worse, the dog flopped on his side. The more my sister-in-law tried to free his legs the more he rotated in a circle. So, it was like she was chasing him in place around in a circle. It was unintentionally funny. She did eventually get it off the dog.

Dogs...they provide us so much unintentional entertainment.

Melody, Sep 17, 2012
  5. Melody

Nick87 Well-Known Member

lmao aww
    This reminds me of kitten mittens
    [​IMG]

Nick87, Sep 28, 2012
  6. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Aww. I can't believe he let him walk right off the table! It's bad enough that he was obviously making the cat miserable, but to not even prevent him from falling? Poor kitty!

Jessi, Sep 28, 2012
  7. Melody

argon_0 Well-Known Member

I thought the same. That fall could have easily have injured the cat.It looks so awkward when it falls.

argon_0, Sep 28, 2012
Ask a Question