Dog Trivia

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by BeachHut, Dec 1, 2011.

1. BeachHut

shem Member

A male dog urinates with one leg up to better mark his territory. The scent can tell him many things, including size and health. The size is judged by the height of the stain. Male dogs although, do not actually need to lift their leg. :)

shem, Jan 29, 2012
  2. BeachHut

shem Member

Ahhww. My dog :D .The Labrador Retriever has been the most popular breed of dog in the United States since 1990.The Lab is also the most popular dog breed in Great Britain.

shem, Jan 29, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  3. BeachHut

shem Member

The least intelligent breeds, at least according to one expert, were the Borzoi, the Chow Chow, the Bulldog, the Basenji and the Afghan Hound.It’s likely that these breeds are quite intelligent.They may not have as much motivation to do well on doggy intelligence tests as some other breeds.
    That's what it is so don't get offended alright. ;) Please "Like" my posts if you've learn even a little bit. Thanks. :D

shem, Jan 29, 2012
  4. BeachHut

shem Member

The world’s hairiest dog may be the Old English Sheepdog or the Komondor. These breeds have long hair from stem to stern.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Hit the "Like" if you like it fellas :D

shem, Jan 29, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  5. BeachHut

zararina Well-Known Member

At one time the Collie was considered a vicious breed of dog, perhaps because the Scots who kept the dogs were considered a vicious people.It wasn’t until Queen Victoria became a fan of the breed in the 19th century that Collies became popular with the public.

zararina, Jan 29, 2012
  6. BeachHut

summerRain Well-Known Member

Chocolates is harmful for dogs. Researchers found out that chocolate contain theobromine which is similar to caffeine. Theobromine is toxic when a dog ingest 100-150 milligrams of it per kilogram of body weight.
    It's not a big problem for those who own big dogs but please keep your chocolate basket out of reach specially if you have small dogs like me.

summerRain, Jan 30, 2012
  7. BeachHut

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

That is actually possible in humans too....there have been rare cases of twins at different gestational ages, therefore fertilized at different times, therefore could have different fathers.

SallyintheValley, Jan 30, 2012
  8. BeachHut

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Here's Tiny Pinnochio, the smallest dog in the world:

[​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Feb 3, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  9. BeachHut

That's a cute find Victor Leigh! I wonder what kind of breed Tiny Pinnochio is? Any idea? It looks like a cute key chain to me. lol

summerRain, Feb 7, 2012
  10. BeachHut

King Browny Well-Known Member

What about making up with these dogs and telling us the beauty of their breed? ;)

King Browny, Feb 16, 2012
  11. BeachHut

King Browny Well-Known Member

Hmmm… I wonder if dogs are aware of that fact because they don’t like sweets. Or at least my dogs don’t like sweets. :p

King Browny, Feb 16, 2012
  12. BeachHut

My dogs don't like sweets too. Let us be thankful that their taste buds are not designed to eat sweets to prevent them from these kinds of harm.

summerRain, Feb 17, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  13. BeachHut

Cat New Member

At one time the Collie was considered a vicious breed of dog, perhaps because the Scots who kept the dogs were considered a vicious people.It wasn’t until Queen Victoria became a fan of the breed in the 19th century that Collies became popular with the public. WOW! Could you ever imagine Lassie as being vicious? Have you seen the Bulldog that skateboards? OMG! It is sooo funny! Tyson and Tillman, look them up on youtube! You will never get over it! I think it is Tyson that snowboards, surfs and skateboards! :eek:

Cat, Mar 14, 2012
  14. BeachHut

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Dogs don't like sweets? That's not exactly true. I took over a Poodle when it was already about 8 months old. She loved sweets. Even fruits. Apparently her previous owner had a sweet tooth and shared everything with her.

Victor Leigh, Mar 14, 2012
Ask a Question