Dog Tricks

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by King Browny, Jan 6, 2012.

1. King Browny

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I like that. It's a neat treat. And it get the dog to stand up to get something. The next thing the dog will learn is to stand up on its hind legs to see if it can get anything from the top of the table.

Victor Leigh, Apr 13, 2012
  2. King Browny

kinser Well-Known Member

My dog can actually open drawers and toilet lids, although it's not something I've taught him. He's pretty handy using his nose to accomplish things when he's determined!

kinser, Apr 18, 2012
  3. King Browny

I must say you have a pretty nosy dog then. However I think you should find some way to discourage him from opening toilet lids. Maybe putting a water dish nearby might help. Filled with water all the time, of course.

Victor Leigh, Apr 19, 2012
  4. King Browny

kinser Well-Known Member

LOL. I don't even let him in the bathrooms anymore. I tried putting a bowl of water right next to the toilet, but he still drank from the toilet. Hmmm, maybe he's not such a genius after all.

kinser, Apr 19, 2012
  5. King Browny

King Browny Well-Known Member

Now I think that's some skill. That means he has great control of his movement or has psychomotor skills. There were times when I had hope that my dog would stop as in froze from where they stand when I call “FREEZE!” or would shake their head up & down & sideways as a form of dancing to the intro of Madonna’s “Like A Virgin”. But dogs are dogs and most of the time they prefer it to be that way.

King Browny, Apr 20, 2012
  6. King Browny

Dark Lady is a one of a kind. I never had to really scold her for anything. If she senses that I am not pleased with her, she would immediately sit down on her butt and wait for instructions. Giving her medication is very easy. She knows when it's time to take her pills and will wait with an open mouth for me.

Victor Leigh, Apr 20, 2012
  7. King Browny

King Browny Well-Known Member

One of a kind indeed. Our dogs hated pills. It takes two people to put the pill in their mouth. And just when we thought they had swallowed it, there it is being spitted out. Sometimes we just mix it in the food.

King Browny, Apr 23, 2012
  8. King Browny

That sounds like Candy, my Bangkeaw. She's a fussy eater at the best of times. Like she wouldn't eat the same kind of thing three days' in a row, even if it's freshly-roasted chicken. And putting pills in her mouth is a very dangerous undertaking since she has teeth and strong jaw muscles that can make short work even of steel chains.

Victor Leigh, Apr 24, 2012
Ask a Question