Dog riding a bike

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Jessi, May 21, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I wonder how long it took to train him to ride the bike!

Jessi, May 21, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  2. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

Oh my! That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. How in the world did they train the dog to do that? I can't imagine that a dog would even want to be up on a bike like that. My dog would be afraid of the bike.

Melody, May 21, 2012
  3. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

That's interesting. As a novelty. My dogs are not afraid of bikes but I have never seen them wanting to get on one. The only bike they like is the motorbike. They love it when I go riding with them sitting in front of me with their paws on the handle bars.

Victor Leigh, May 22, 2012
  4. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

I had watched several videos of a dog riding a bike and it can always make me smile. ;)
    It was really nice to watch how dogs can do such trick and how they seem to enjoy it.

zararina, May 22, 2012
  5. Jessi

King Browny Well-Known Member

Haha! That’s funny. But I bet it strains the dog’s feet. I also watched this video publicly displayed on Facebook where the dog look after his master’s bike who’s gone for minutes then ride at the back seat when they’re about to depart. The dog knows how to back ride but to pedal like that, they would definitely run from the bike at the sight of it soon enough.

King Browny, May 23, 2012
  6. Jessi

Mystique Active Member

Haha - I would be in awe if I had a dog and he could do that! I don't think I have the patience to train the dog though...

Oh my word! Really? Lol - wouldn't that be something to watch. Aren't you afraid that your dog might jump off? As a kid, I put my cat in the basket on my bicycle and it kept jumping off (I rode around the plot of the house - never outside on the road). My neighbour did the same with her puppy and the same thing happened.

Mystique, May 23, 2012
  7. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

No, the dogs in the town where I used to live think that riding motorbikes is the thing to do. The only problem I have is with Dark Lady, my Dobermann. She's so big that when she gets on the front, I can hardly see the road.

Victor Leigh, May 25, 2012
  8. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

Norman is so cute and courageous. But I worry about one thing: he doesn't know how to brake. If his owner wasn't able to catch him, he would get hurt :(
    Fortunately my Homer will never ride a bike, they're too big for him:p

claudine, Jul 2, 2013
Ask a Question