Dog Play

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by King Browny, Dec 1, 2011.

1. King Browny

King Browny Well-Known Member

What are the games that you play with your dog? Does he/she have a play thing or have another dog for a game partner?

Before I’ve sold my Shakira’s puppies, I would normally see them chasing each other. Of course it would be the mother that would chase her pups. And the pups would even hide at the back of the ref, under the chair or cabinet where their mom won’t reach them. Sometimes I would be lying at floor reading a book, watching TV or sleeping and here they come rushing and jumping over me. Sometimes I join with the chase. I’m the IT of course and I would run after them but often times it ended with them trying to catch me. When I’m above the sofa that means I’m safe and they would wait until I get down and run again. And then the chase goes on.

King Browny, Dec 1, 2011
  2. King Browny

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Candy's favorite game is digging holes. She just can't resist anything that looks remotely like a hole however small. She would just sit there and dig at it patiently until it becomes big enough for her to get inside.

Victor Leigh, Dec 1, 2011
  3. King Browny

zararina Well-Known Member

Our Kulit also enjoys chasing game and really love to play tug of war.
    We use old cloth or the rag for it. He will really pull hard to get that rag from us but when we drop it, he will wait us to pull it again against him. :p
    He sometimes attempt to play with our cat but our cat would just fight and clawed him so he will just stop it.

zararina, Dec 1, 2011
  4. King Browny

Too bad your cat didn't have the same idea of fun.

I once had a kitten and a puppy that grew up together. They were the best of friends. They ate together and slept together. Of course the puppy grew faster than the kitten. Soon the puppy was dragging the kitten all over the place by its ear. When I tied the puppy up to stop its antics, the kitten would sit by the side of the puppy as if to commiserate with the puppy's misery.

Victor Leigh, Dec 2, 2011
  5. King Browny

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

My dog loves to play hide and seek, it is so cute and funny. He will run under the bed, behind the couch or into the laundry room and bark... so cute! Then he keeps barking until I get up and find him, once I find him he runs into the kitchen wanting a treat.

wahcashmom, Dec 2, 2011
  6. King Browny

King Browny Well-Known Member

Our dogs as pups love to chew shoes and slippers. That would be their play thing. It’s a bad habit though because they destroy our footwear so we gave them the slippers that they already chew but bark at them when they salivate on our new ones. Good thing they learned to stick with their chew thing.

King Browny, Dec 3, 2011
  7. King Browny

classy_ally Member

My dog has many stuffed animals with no stuffing. She will play with them. Throw them in the air. She just has a good time all by herself. I find it so amusing to watch her play. We were at my parents house one day and my mother was shocked to see her play with two small balls at the same time. There is never a dull moment.

classy_ally, Dec 20, 2011
  8. King Browny

summerRain Well-Known Member

My Chow knows how to play catch ball. All I need to do is to prepare his rewards (foods) every after catch. I am enjoying this game with him.

summerRain, Dec 20, 2011
  9. King Browny

PuppyChow Well-Known Member

tug of war is something that I play with my dog. He is little so I don't pull to hard. Sometimes I say lets go to sleep and he will lay his head down with me and we will fall asleep.

PuppyChow, Dec 21, 2011
  10. King Browny

amy005 Well-Known Member

Most games I play with my dog involves dog treats. The first one I do is I put a dog treat in one of my hands and show both hands to my dog to see if he can figure out the hand it is in. Another one I do is I will put a treat somewhere underneath a small cloth and see if he can sniff it out. I also play tug of war and dance with him.

amy005, Dec 21, 2011
  11. King Browny

Candy likes to play tag. She would just initiate the game by giving me a nip. Then when I go after her, she is the happiest dog in the world.

Victor Leigh, Dec 25, 2011
Ask a Question