Dog Fears and Phobias- Does your Dog Have One?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by argon_0, Jun 9, 2012.

1. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Has your dog any fears or phobias? My dog Mishka is a bit weird when it comes to snow. When it first begins to snow outside and she is inside she will find somewhere to hide going from place to place and not being able to relax. The snow falling is silent to us so we have thought perhaps she can hear noises we cant.
    Eventually she gets used to it and if we go outside she will run all around chasing snowballs leaping through bushes and has a wow of a time.
    Then the snow starts to melt.It falls from one roof down to the next with loud thumps. Again she hides. If she is outside she will hide under the house and refuses to come inside.
    Check out this video of another dogs fear of snow..

argon_0, Jun 9, 2012
  2. argon_0

NewDCD Well-Known Member

I'm surprised my little girl does not seem to be afraid of anything in particular, really. Not even the sound of booming thunder. She has gotten afraid of cats, though, when they hiss at her, and she swiftly runs behind me, seeking refuge. Which is funny, because she's gotten close to them in attempts of playing with them and all, since she's extremely friendly.

NewDCD, Jun 9, 2012
  3. argon_0

zararina Well-Known Member

Our recent dog is afraid of fireworks and very loud sounds.
    He is also afraid to get out of the compound and he actually panic a lot when being brought out.

zararina, Jun 9, 2012
  4. argon_0

Jessi Well-Known Member

I'm not sure he is. He doesn't seem to be anyway.

I had a dog in the past that was obviously abused before we got her, though. She was scared of anything loud or "whippy"....so for example, kids couldn't jump rope near her because the sound of the "whipping" in the air was enough to make her run off and hide.

Jessi, Jun 10, 2012
Ask a Question