Dog Dreams

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by argon_0, Mar 9, 2012.

1. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

My dog Mishka often comes upstairs and sleeps by our bed. On occasions she makes noise in her sleep waking us. We tell her to be quiet in a gentle tone and she seems to quit the dream.
    I wondered how common this dreaming is so googled searched to find this astonishing youtube of a dog with serious dreams. It may be thought of as amusing but I see it that this dog may have some issues in its waking life. Does your dog have full on disturbing dreams or just the more relaxed type?

argon_0, Mar 9, 2012
  2. argon_0

MakingCents Well-Known Member

My dog sometimes has some crazy dreams. Where one or more of his paws twitch and makes a kind of whining sound. I always try to comfort him when that happens. But mostly when he sleeps he sleeps so deeply that he just snores really loud!

MakingCents, Mar 9, 2012
  3. argon_0

King Browny Well-Known Member

I think a dog also have dreams when they have opportunistic worms in their body. I noticed this with one of my pup before. He would often dream like he's being grounded or something and then he started acting pooped. When I deworm him he gave birth to a lot of gross-outs feeding inside of him.

King Browny, Mar 9, 2012
  4. argon_0

zararina Well-Known Member

My oldest dog before often had a dream when she got older. Maybe it is because she has lots of experiences already to dream about. :p
    There are times that she really make a loud sound like having a nightmare and I would wake her up.

zararina, Mar 9, 2012
  5. argon_0

This happen to my dog, too. I guess they are dreaming of something that frightens them. But I really wonder if dogs do dream of the good times they share with their master or other beings and the harsh ones they experienced like those dogs in the shelter because like in the movie Hachiko, I don’t think they have subconscious desires or ideas. Hachiko would sleep to let the day pass and then wake up knowing what he’s got to do, wait for his master to show up in the train station. He surely dreams of reuniting with his master again but I don’t think he sees this dream happening in his sleeping state but in reality.

King Browny, Mar 10, 2012
  6. argon_0

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

My dog used to whimper and whine in his dreams.

SallyintheValley, Mar 10, 2012
  7. argon_0

zararina Well-Known Member

Maybe they could also dream of happy moments with the people that cares for them as well as the bad things that had happened to them. Just a guess. :p

zararina, Mar 11, 2012
  8. argon_0

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any of my dogs dreaming but then again most of the time I am asleep before they are. Sometimes I have seen puppies twitching in their sleep. I suppose they are dreaming. Not nightmares I think since they go back to normal sleep after a few twitches.

Victor Leigh, Mar 11, 2012
  9. argon_0

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

All of my dogs dream a lot! Bitsy she snores like a freight train! LOL The other day Isabelle was dreaming and barked and woke herself up! LOL

SheWolfSilver, Mar 12, 2012
  10. argon_0

I wonder whether dogs can remember any of their dreams after they wake up. I suppose if some scientist puts his mind to it, he would be able to find out. Another thing. Do you think dogs can hear themselves snore?

Victor Leigh, Mar 12, 2012
  11. argon_0

LOL! You have funny dogs there. And a dog that snores! :D I never heard a snoring dog before. Do you have a video of snoring Bitsy?

King Browny, Mar 15, 2012
  12. argon_0

If you want to hear how a dog sounds like when it snores, just listen to a pug. It sounds like its snoring every time it breathes. Something to do with the shape of its nose I think. Here's one looking at you:
    [​IMG]

Me, snore???!!!

Victor Leigh, Mar 15, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  13. argon_0

claudine Well-Known Member

Homer usually sleeps like a baby, he doesn't make any sounds. But I noticed, that he sometimes moves his paws when he is asleep. I'm pretty sure that he dreams about chasing cats:D It's adorable!

claudine, Sep 13, 2013
Ask a Question