Dog cafes

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

http://busan.for91days.com/2012/06/20/get-your-puppy-fix-in-jangsan/

Would you go to a cafe like this, where dogs roam around and are just there for visitors to enjoy?

Jessi, Jul 1, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  2. Jessi

tajnz Well-Known Member

Yes, I think it's a great concept as both humans and dogs seem to benifit from the interaction. :) Also in some cities where people have tiny apartments and may not have room for a dog this service is perfect. I remember years ago reading about a hire a dog program in Japan. I like this idea better as the dogs are in the same environment and are probably more comfortable than if they were hired out to strangers for the day.

tajnz, Jul 1, 2012
  3. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

That is some concept. I guess it's not a cafe in the true sense as the entrance fee probably covers all sorts of health regulations which would not permit the sale of coffee. Therefore free coffee on entry.
    If I travelled there and was feeling lonely for my Mishka I certainly would visit.
    From the story in that link http://busan.for91days.com/2012/06/20/get-your-puppy-fix-in-jangsan/ it sounds a bit chaotic. I would prefer to be around a couple of dogs and not so many.
    Great story. Thanks Jessi.

argon_0, Jul 2, 2012
  4. Jessi

haopee Well-Known Member

I certainly would. Just to get my dose of doggy delight and for the sake of experiencing how it was in the dog cafe.

I also recall having watched in TV of a place which allows you to adopt a pet for "1 day to 1 week". It's like a rental place for people who cannot own dogs.

haopee, Jul 2, 2012
  5. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

That will be a cool place. ;)

It will be a very nice place for both the dogs and the dog lovers. Dogs will also learn how to behave and socialize with other dogs.

zararina, Jul 2, 2012
  6. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

Every time I see a report that Americans treat their dogs too well, I'm going to think of this. :D It is true we spend a lot on food, veterinary care, and toys. But, I don't think I've seen anything like this in my area. Does anyone else have something like this in their area?

I think the Japanese might be going one step further than us Americans. In some ways it recognizes the bond between dogs and humans. I wonder if it is easy to own a dog in Japan because of limited space. I have never been there, so I don't know if many people own dogs. This would certainly give folks a chance to be near dogs if they couldn't own one.

Melody, Jul 3, 2012
  7. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

This is a great idea. All the joys of having a dog without having to scoop poop. Makes me think of petting zoos. How about starting one in your area? Might be a hit.

Victor Leigh, Jul 4, 2012
Ask a Question