Dog bowls

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by claudine, Apr 10, 2013.

1. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

I found a few very fancy dog bowls. Would you buy something like this for your dog? Which one of them do you like/dislike the most?
    1. A dog shaped bowl:
    [​IMG]
    2. A very modern-looking bowl:

[​IMG]

3. Weird bowl with a lid:

[​IMG]

4. I won't comment this one:p :

[​IMG]

And here is an adorable picture, my Homer would love to have a bowl like this:D :

[​IMG]

claudine, Apr 10, 2013
  2. claudine

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Washing a dog bowl should be a simple chore. Bowls with lids would be a little more of a hassle to clean. The wall model though very practical has the problem of cutting a hole in the wall. The toilet one is a bit off as we all probably discourage our pooch from drinking from the toilet bowl.
    So my vote goes for the Killer bowl. Go Homer.:D

argon_0, Apr 11, 2013
  3. claudine

zararina Well-Known Member

I also like the last most. :D
    The toilet bowl bowls could be a bad idea especially if the dog could access the bathroom. :p

zararina, Apr 11, 2013
  4. claudine

My Homer is way too small to reach the toilet so I don't have to worry about it but still, I wouldn't buy him a bowl like this because it would be embarrassing:p
    I like the wall model but again, Homer is too small, he wouldn't be able to eat from it unless the holes were cut really low.

claudine, Apr 11, 2013
  5. claudine

MzMonka Well-Known Member

I like the second one just because it get's the bowls off the floor. BUT I will admit that I had the toilet bowl water bowl and it was the cutest thing ever. It was cute to watch the little dogs drink out of it. I never had to worry about them trying to drink out of the actual bowl because they can't reach it. The cat would drink out of it also which was mildly entertaining also.

MzMonka, Apr 12, 2013
  6. claudine

MzMonka, do you have any pictures? I'm sure it looked funny, I'd love to see it:D . I have a small dog too so I don't have to worry about him drinking from the toilet either.

This reminds me of this joke, lol:p :

[​IMG]

claudine, Apr 13, 2013
  7. claudine

trishgl Well-Known Member

I love girly girl stuff and got my pet a pink plastic bowl. She chewed it till it got too damaged to use in less than a week. She now uses a pink aluminum bowl instead. The bowls you posted are funny and unique, I don't think I'd ever buy the one that looks like a toilet though. I would not want my dog to get confused as to what a toilet is for. I might buy the modern looking one that is attached to the wall though. It's stylish as well as a space saver.

trishgl, Apr 17, 2013
  8. claudine

I'm a girly girl stuff addict!:D If Homer wasn't male, for sure I'd buy him a pink bowl too...or a bowl decorated with bows and flowers. This one is so pretty:

[​IMG]

I also quite like this one, I find it cute:

[​IMG]

claudine, Apr 17, 2013
  9. claudine

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

We never bothered with fancy bowls like these. We just washed an old margarine tub out thoroughly and they used that until it got broken. It was perfectly adequate and a lot cheaper. It is also environmentally friendlier because we were not only recycling, we were also reducing the number of new products, which needed to be made from raw materials.

GavinMcresty, May 1, 2013
  10. claudine

The problem with old margarine tubs is that they're too light and they slide, my Homer had problems with eating from one so I bought him a bowl with rubber bottom. But I wouldn't buy anything very expensive either.
    This one is pretty though:

[​IMG]

claudine, May 1, 2013
  11. claudine

Jessi Well-Known Member

Some of those are really cute!

We stick with small stainless steel bowls with rubber bottoms so they don't slide all over the place and are heavy enough to stay in one place.

Jessi, May 1, 2013
  12. claudine

Jessi, in my opinion these steel bowls with rubber bottoms are the best. They're very convenient for a dog - and this is the most important. But still, I love pretty things and when I see a really cute bowl, it's hard for me to resist the temptation of buying it:p

[​IMG]

claudine, May 1, 2013
Ask a Question