Does your dog's coat shine?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Winterybella, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

At least two of my dogs have a shinny coat. My Chihuahua mix who was a gift to my son has somehow never looked quite as shinny as my other dogs who seem to maintain that shine with almost no effort. I have read the coat says a lot about the health of the dog but they are all being fed and cared for in the same way. Does your dog have a shiny coat and is it possible that some just won't ever be as shinny as others? I am still going to pay more attention to the suggestions below.

http://renegadehealth.com/blog/2013/01/02/7-tips-to-keep-your-dogs-coat-glossy-and-shiny

Winterybella, Mar 12, 2015
  2. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

This is a very interesting site!:)
    My Homer has a very shiny coat, but he loves rolling in the grass and digging in our garden, so he often looks dirty, especially since he doesn't let anyone bathe him:eek:

claudine, Mar 12, 2015
  3. Winterybella

Trellum Well-Known Member

My dog never had a shiny coat, the texture of her hair has never allowed it. She actually looks messy, but we give he a shower often enough. I once had a dog that had a very shiny coat, it was a brown dachshund. We rescued her from a vet clinic, the owners never came back for her, so we took her with us. She hadn't showered in a while, so her coat was so shiny :eek:

Trellum, Mar 13, 2015
Ask a Question