Does your dog like to sleep under the covers?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by joycemcgregor, Sep 22, 2015.

1. joycemcgregor

joycemcgregor Active Member

Now that the weather is getting a bit cooler where I live, my little dog likes to burrow under the sheet and blankets and sleep up against the back of my legs at night. Does anyone else have a dog that likes to do that? When it is warmer, she either sleeps on top of the blankets or on the floor next to my bed. She also likes to sleep against my upper back when it gets a little cooler.

joycemcgregor, Sep 22, 2015
  2. joycemcgregor

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer doesn't like it. Even when it's really cold, he always wants to sleep on top of his blankets and pillows:) If you try to put a blanket on him, he'll bite you:p

claudine, Sep 23, 2015
  3. joycemcgregor

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Capone doesn't like any blanket on him, and prefer to be on top of the blanket. I thought he would love to have it on him since he has such short coat, and he could get cold easily, but he seems to be ok with just curling up.

IcyBC, Sep 23, 2015
  4. joycemcgregor

I bet he doesn't like wearing dog's clothes either. My Homer is the same. He goes crazy whenever I try to put a blanket or a sweater on him.
    I always worry he might catch a cold in winter:(

claudine, Sep 25, 2015
  5. joycemcgregor

Trellum Well-Known Member

My girl likes it :) When it's getting really cold she likes to get under the covers with me, she likes to place her head right on the pillow as well :) The rest of the year she just likes to sleep over the covers ;) But I completely understand her, because during summer time the weather here is scorching.

Trellum, Sep 25, 2015
  6. joycemcgregor

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I haven't tried to put clothes on him yet, @claudine but I am keeping my eyes open to pick up something for when the harsh winter is here when he has to go outside :) I think we (you and me) worry too much for our furry friends!

IcyBC, Sep 25, 2015
  7. joycemcgregor

I think so too:) On the other hand, my parents' house is really old and big and it's freezing there in winter. Homer has a warm winter sweater, but he refuses to wear it:confused:

claudine, Sep 26, 2015
  8. joycemcgregor

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Zola is just happy to be in my bed. Of course, Ginger wants in on the action. Remy doesn't care much. I still think she prefers to be outside and wants to come in only when she feels like it. Zola is really the one who first believes she is human. She likes a pillow and my husband's spot. You'd think she is my husband the way she wants to take up position on the pillow. A blanket only comes out in the colder seasons so it's never about a blanket in my opinion.

Winterybella, Sep 26, 2015
  9. joycemcgregor

lesleyq New Member

My dog even has a side of the bed! She loves to sprawl out under the covers and snores away. I always feel the cold so have a hot water bottle at night and in the middle of the night I discovered Molly dragging it away from me and lying on it herself! I bought her one but she has to have mine, not sure why but it does make me laugh in the middle of the night. If I am late home I normally find her sitting waiting patiently to get on the bed with a look of 'what time do you call this' on her face.

lesleyq, Sep 29, 2015
    Winterybella likes this.
  10. joycemcgregor

morgoodie Member

My boston terrier, Batman, loves to get under the covers when we go to bed. If I am already in there and covered, he will come around to my back and scratch at the covers until I reach back and let him under. After he is under, he will curl up between my legs and sleep there for the rest of the night. I love snuggling up with my little boy at bedtime.

morgoodie, Feb 28, 2016
  11. joycemcgregor

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Our 2 white dogs sleep in our bedroom and even if we have the air conditioner running overnight, they sometimes sleep on their back especially during summer - it means they are savoring the cold air. When we went to a vacation in Baguio City, that is the coolest place here, our dogs were sleeping beside us. And seeing that they feel cold so I would share with them the blanket (not the comforter for it can suffocate them).

Corzhens, Mar 5, 2016
  12. joycemcgregor

This is so cute!:) My Homer would love to sleep with us, I'm sure of it, but he's tiny and I worry our pillows and blankets could suffocate him.
    Batman is a great name for a dog, I love it!:D

claudine, Mar 5, 2016
Ask a Question