Does your dog have ticklish paws?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Johanna, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Johanna

Johanna Well-Known Member

Mine does hahaha

Johanna, Mar 26, 2016
    Winterybella likes this.
  2. Johanna

claudine Well-Known Member

To be honest, I have no idea. But I know that Homer hates when people touch his paws. He groans and bites me whenever I try to do it;)

claudine, Mar 31, 2016
    Johanna likes this.
  3. Johanna

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I haven't tried tickle my dog's paws yet, but when he is muddy after an outside trip, as I wiped his feet, he sort of yanked it away from me though. So I think he is ticklish!

IcyBC, Mar 31, 2016
    Johanna likes this.
  4. Johanna

Trellum Well-Known Member

I haven't tried to tickle my Frieda yet, so I am not so sure, but maybe hers are a bit ticklish too :) Dogs are really funny and sweet creatures :) She is actually now my best friend. Then Bob comes next.

Trellum, Mar 31, 2016
    Johanna likes this.
  5. Johanna

Djordje87 Active Member

I haven't noticed that but I see my Joe is sometimes sensitive in that area. Sometimes while playing I squeeze him a bit stronger on the paws and he makes a sound like it is painful. I don't know if this goes for all breeds or maybe retrievers are specially sensitive but ticklish sounds like he could even enjoy it. In my case my dog is in pain. I am sure. I checked with my vet if there was something wrong or maybe he had something in his paws but the vet told me he is just sensitive in that area.

Djordje87, Mar 31, 2016
    Johanna likes this.
  6. Johanna

morgoodie Member

Mine do. My children love to try to tickle their paws all the time. It is rather funny and they get a big kick out of it. If you get right in between the front pads and the back pads on their paw they will usually jerk their paw away. Also, the fur that is between their paws seems to be extra sensitive and if you stroke it they will jerk away. Just unusual things my children will do.

morgoodie, Mar 31, 2016
    Johanna likes this.
  7. Johanna

Haha

Johanna, Apr 1, 2016
  8. Johanna

Lol!!!!!
    Lol

Johanna, Apr 1, 2016
  9. Johanna

:)

Johanna, Apr 1, 2016
  10. Johanna

Corzhens Well-Known Member

This thread makes me realize that all our 3 dogs are extra conscious with their paws. When we would inspect their paws for ticks or if they are limping, it would be a big quarrel. My husband said that maybe our dogs are like humans who do not want anyone intruding in their private parts. We usually see our dogs licking their paws. Especially Barbie, our female pekingese, her hands (that's how we call her front paws) are continually we from her licking.

Corzhens, May 22, 2016
  11. Johanna

claudine Well-Known Member

Corzhens, this makes sense, dogs are very much like humans, so it's very possible that they don't want anyone intruding in their private parts;) Homer hates when people touch his paws.

claudine, May 22, 2016
  12. Johanna

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I have no idea but since it has come up I am going to check. I am hoping it's going trigger uncontrollable laughter which I would love to witness. I want to see my girls laughing as much as I do when I am tickled.

Winterybella, May 29, 2016
  13. Johanna

mkhtk79 Member

Not ticklish but both our pooches hate thier paws being touched. They growl and fake like they're gonna bite when you touch them or try and cut their nails but they never really do.

mkhtk79, Mar 29, 2020
Ask a Question