Does your dog drink special water?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by dashboardc33, Aug 13, 2012.

1. dashboardc33

dashboardc33 Well-Known Member

When we go camping we don't set out any water from the faucet for our dog. We just have her drink out of the lake water. The lake water is really pure and if we use our filter, we can drink from it.

My parent's on the other hand, give their dogs bottled water when we are up north. They don't even let their dogs drink out of the faucet water. What do you give your dogs?

dashboardc33, Aug 13, 2012
  2. dashboardc33

Jessi Well-Known Member

My dog just drinks tap water, too. Or he likes to try drinking out of the pond, which I can't vouch for its cleanness at all, lol. I don't give him anything special, though.

Jessi, Aug 14, 2012
  3. dashboardc33

Pocs Well-Known Member

My dogs drink tap water for the most part. If they are having tummy trouble though, I do give them bottled water then. We have well water and when they are ill, I just like to make sure they aren't getting a excessive amount of any minerals, as well water can have sometime.

Pocs, Aug 14, 2012
  4. dashboardc33

nikki Well-Known Member

If I wouldnt drink the water I dont make my dogs. So much nasty in the water these days. Id hate for one to get a stomach upset if we are going to be in the car.

nikki, Aug 14, 2012
  5. dashboardc33

claudine Well-Known Member

I heard that bottled water isn't good for dogs, because when they drink only bottled water they get more delicate and then normal water may harm them. My sweet, little dog drinks only tap water and he is fine. But it depends on what region you live in, I guess. In my country tap water is pretty clean.

claudine, Aug 16, 2012
Ask a Question