Do you wash your hands after touching your dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by claudine, Jan 24, 2014.

1. claudine

Trellum Well-Known Member

I feel I can say the same thing about my Frida :) I'm not so freaked out by germs anymore, they're everywhere anyway, specially when she places her little paws on my bed, lol. Yet I don't freak out ;) I love having her and my Bob, they both relax me a lot.

Trellum, May 30, 2015
  2. claudine

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Recently I have been letting the dogs have a bit of lick of my fingers more than I have in the past. They love to lick the remains of any food that's left on fingers and I somehow encouraged the licking. After that it goes without saying that I MUST wash my hands after that kind of interaction and wash them well.

Winterybella, May 30, 2015
  3. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

Who is Bob? Is it your cat? Or maybe you got another dog?:)
    I'm pretty sure Homer sleeps on my old bed in my parents' house when I'm not there. All pillows started smelling like him:confused:

claudine, Jun 2, 2015
  4. claudine

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I do during the warmer seasons. But it's only because of the war against the fleas.

LilAnn, Jun 2, 2015
  5. claudine

My Homer doesn't have fleas, but I prefer to always wash hands after touching him, because he spends a lot of time outside, rolling in weird things. I believe he's one of the dirtiest dogs on this planet;)

claudine, Jun 3, 2015
  6. claudine

It's my cat, his name is Bob. LOL, I know it sounds like a funny and silly name for a cat, but I named him that way for a reason :p I named him after a black cat that looks just like him, from a video game :p Nice, huh! Hehehe, what does Homer smell like?

Trellum, Jun 3, 2015
  7. claudine

Bob is a great name for a cat:D
    It's hard to describe Homer's smell, haha:p. I don't like it, but I got used to it.

claudine, Jun 3, 2015
  8. claudine

Thanks, he just looks like the cat from that video game:

[​IMG]

Really? He has a strong dog smell? Most dogs do when they grow up, even if they are small doggies ;)

Trellum, Jun 4, 2015
  9. claudine

I'm sure your cat is super cute:D Is he all black?
    Homer has a quite strong smell, especially when his hair is wet. I don't have to see him to know he's around;)

claudine, Jun 10, 2015
  10. claudine

Yeah, he is all black and super shiny :) He looks like a tiny panther :O I wanted to call him ''Solovino'' but thought Bob was better :) Hahahahaha, really? It's maybe because he doesn't shower so often, you know, because he is such a rebelious little dog, lol. I bet his hair is shiny as well, the dogs that get shower less often have the shiniest hair most of the time.

Trellum, Jun 11, 2015
  11. claudine

I prefer Bob to Solovino, but they both are great names:)
    Homer's hair really is shiny!:D I think it looks like this because he eats very healthy and spends a lot of time outside.

claudine, Jun 11, 2015
  12. claudine

mkCampbell Active Member

Most times yes. Probably about 75 percent of the time but it depends. If we are fishing and walking the bank in search of lunker bass and ducks to harass then no. If we are at the house then almost always. But I wash my hands all of the time and constantly use wipes at work in case somebody used my desk phone etc.

mkCampbell, Jun 12, 2015
  13. claudine

morgoodie Member

I confess that I do not wash my hands after petting my dog and at least one of them sleeps with me. I do not find this wrong and I think it is a personal choice. My dogs are part of my family and I treat them like it. I think that as long as you love your dog and care for them then it does not matter if you let them sleep with you. I just happen to like it.

morgoodie, Feb 28, 2016
  14. claudine

Many owners sleep with their dogs, I don't see anything wrong about it either. I think it's sweet:) However, my little Yorkie spends most of the time outside and he loves rolling in weird things, like dry leaves, rotten apples and dirt. This is the main reason why I always wash my hands after touching him and I'd never let him sleep in my bed;)

claudine, Feb 28, 2016
  15. claudine

Winterybella Well-Known Member

In recent times I have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen preparing this and that so for that reason I have to wash my hands. I spoke earlier of the licks I let them take of my fingers so that also requires me washing my hands after. I think I generally wash my hands a lot.

Winterybella, Feb 28, 2016
  16. claudine

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Let's admit it - dogs are dirty for humans somehow. It is imperative to wash the hands after handling the dog especially when the dog goes outside of the house. You don't know what germs are on the coat. But I also wash my hands after handling my dog and before handling another of my dogs to avoid contamination in case one is sick beyond my knowledge. You see, we have 3 dogs in the house and 1 is in the cage so the 2 who are loose may have something in them. As the vet said, it is a good habit to wash our hands after holding the dog.

Corzhens, Feb 28, 2016
  17. claudine

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I usually wash my hands after touching Capone's feet. My backyard is full of mud and he drags the mud in so his feet need to be cleaned off. I think dogs are clean by nature, but what they step on is not. Capone sleeps anywhere, on the couch, on the bed with my son and sometimes in his kennel.

If I am just petting him, I am fine with it, but I also wash my hands whenever I can.

IcyBC, Mar 5, 2016
Ask a Question