Do you wash your hands after touching your dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by claudine, Jan 24, 2014.

1. claudine

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hi Clauds! How are things going?! I heard you have moved out from your parents house already =D Is homer living with you or with your parents? I truly hope he is living with you, otherwise I'm sure you will miss him so badly!

Trellum, Feb 2, 2015
  2. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

I do miss him! I think about him all the time. Yesterday, I accidentally dropped my sandwich. My first thought was: "oh no, Homer is going to eat it!". And then I realized that we don't live together anymore:( Fortunately, I can visit him whenever I want to:)

claudine, Feb 8, 2015
  3. claudine

Aww! I know the feeling, hehehe! But as you said, you can visit him whenever you want to =D That is great! I bet he gets so excited every time he sees you!

Trellum, Feb 8, 2015
  4. claudine

Not really:p Yesterday, he didn't even want to greet me. He is becoming lazy with age;) But he agreed to go for a walk with me, so we spent a lovely hour in a park.

claudine, Feb 8, 2015
  5. claudine

Aw, don't worry, my dog does that sometimes! Sometimes she is all barky barky when she sees me arrive, but sometimes she is like ''meh''. It seems sometimes they are not just in the mood ;) But it's great you two spent a great day in the park :) I bet he really likes that!

Trellum, Mar 9, 2015
  6. claudine

wahmed Active Member

I wash my hands after most things tbh, I'm just finicky that way, but after touching Max, defiantly, without a doubt.

wahmed, Mar 11, 2015
  7. claudine

I guess dogs are like people, sometimes they're in a bad mood without any reason;) Homer always wants to be alone in the evening. He goes to his room, lies there, and bites everyone who bothers him;)

claudine, Mar 11, 2015
  8. claudine

Lol! That is really funny and odd! Does he do that everyday? He sounds a lot like a person who isn't a night or evening person :p Maybe he gets anxious because he knows it'll be getting dark? :O

Trellum, Mar 12, 2015
  9. claudine

Haha, yes, he does it every day. I'm pretty sure he always wants to go to sleep early because he loves waking up my dad in the morning. Usually, he barks at his door around 5 am:p They often go for a walk before sunrise.

claudine, Mar 12, 2015
  10. claudine

Hahaha, that explains why he does that :D He doesn't want anything or anyone to get in his way to go bed early! LOL, what a responsible and smart boy! After all he got to go bed early if he wants to go for a walk with your dad :cool: A boy with priorities ;)

Trellum, Mar 13, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  11. claudine

Lol:D He loves waking up early.
    At what time does your dog wake up? I heard that some dogs like to sleep late in the morning. Their owners are so lucky!

claudine, Mar 14, 2015
  12. claudine

Our dogs seems to be awake by 6 or 7, she doesn't bother us much tho, she has some food already in her bowl, so all she does is run around a bit. Just yesterday she darted though the garage like there was no tomorrow, lol.

Trellum, Mar 14, 2015
  13. claudine

Haha:) Maybe there was something interesting there, in the garage.
    I give Homer food only three times a day. His bowl is empty between meals. Otherwise, he would never stop eating.

claudine, Mar 14, 2015
  14. claudine

She grew up in a farm, she was living there with other dogs, so she thinks that if she manages to get to the garage when the door is open... she will be able to roam free like she did in that farm. She is such a silly girl :oops: She has done it before, it was so hard to catch her, because she ran so fast and got so far :confused:

Trellum, Mar 15, 2015
  15. claudine

Brentnauer New Member

Only if they're particularly gross for whatever reason or I'm about to cook a meal or something. If I had to wash my hands every time I touched my doggies I;d have to buy shares in Dial or Dawn ;)

Brentnauer, Mar 15, 2015
  16. claudine

This must have been scary! Homer ran away from me a few years ago. I don't know how it happened, I just somehow dropped his leash and he started running as fast as he could. He was a puppy back then. I was wearing heels:p Fortunately, a stranger helped me catch him.
    I was so scared!

claudine, Apr 11, 2015
  17. claudine

joycemcgregor Active Member

I do not always wash my hands after touching my little dog. But she is bathed several times a week and is not that big about going outside unless it is "to do her business." Now my daughter's dog is another matter. He loves to roll around in the grass and dirt and does not care what is there. I always wash my hands before preparing meals or eating. It is just something my mom drummed into me as I was growing up. She just said "Don't question why,, just DO IT!"

joycemcgregor, Apr 12, 2015
  18. claudine

Does she likes being bathed?:)
    I'd love to bathe Homer more often, but he really hates it. Bathing him is a real nightmare, I always end up biten and completely wet:(

claudine, Apr 12, 2015
  19. claudine

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Once I had some dog wipes when I used to let Zola and Remy sleep with me. To accommodate my husband:( I eventually convinced them to sleep in their beds on the bedroom floor. Zola still loves a bed and sometimes I still find it hard to say no to her. She is such a "cuddler" I feel like she was made to have her own bed.

I NEVER thought I would allow it but sometimes it's very comforting to me. I always have wipes on hand but these days there are the regular wipes and I am told they might not be the best for dogs. I am really inconsistent and these days when I have to tell Zola "down" I feel bad for her. She is really so loving.......

Winterybella, Apr 14, 2015
  20. claudine

Grimp Member

I'm not too worried about the hygeine side of touching my dog, however she does tend to be quite greasy, so I usually end up washing my hands, especially if I'm coming to use my computer I even avoid touching her entirely.

Grimp, May 14, 2015
Ask a Question