Do you think your dog sees ghosts?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kinser, Apr 25, 2012.

1. kinser

Trellum Well-Known Member

I definitely believe in the paranormal. Our old dog seemed to see something inside our home, it was an australian sheperd dog (btw). He slept outside, but during the day we noticed he liked to peek tru the window for very long, looking at a very specific spot. He'd stand up and stayed like that for very long... just looking at that corner where we have an old bookshelf. He did this often, until he died.

Trellum, Oct 10, 2013
  2. kinser

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I know this is an old thread, and instead of starting another one, I thought I would answer this because I believe Capone is seeing ghost at our old home.

One day we were sitting at the dinning table having dinner, and Capone was laying under it waiting for our meal to be over when suddenly he got out, stood up and just stares straight into the laundry room for a long time. He wouldn't move and just froze with intense staring but there was nothing there.

IcyBC, Feb 16, 2016
  3. kinser

Trellum Well-Known Member

Our old dog did that too. He'd stare at a seemingly uninteresting bookcase in my moms room, he'd go as far as standing in his hind legs for very long so he could just take a peek! Oddly enough it seems in that very same spot there is a lot activity, we often hear noises coming from there, but never sure what makes said noises.

Trellum, Feb 16, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  4. kinser

claudine Well-Known Member

I wish Homer was sensitive to those things. Unfortunately, even if there are ghosts of our dear relatives here, he ignores them completely. It would be easier for me to believe in the afterlife if Homer could see them.

claudine, Feb 16, 2016
  5. kinser

Corzhens Well-Known Member

When we were renting a house, we had a housemaid who was scared because the neighbors had told her that there was ghost appearing in our rented house. That did not sit well with my husband for our housemaid may leave us. So he talked to the housemaid and pointed to Jedi, our first dog who was ferocious. My husband assured our maid that our dog could see the ghost and if Jedi sees it then she would bark. That settled the issue because our dog only barked when there is someone at the gate. As with the ghost, I don't know if our dogs can see ghosts.

Corzhens, Feb 22, 2016
  6. kinser

morgoodie Member

I do believe that dogs and any animal in general can sense ghosts. I have noticed my dog stopping and looking a particular direction where no one is at. Both my parents have died in the house, so maybe he was sensing them in the house. I had two cats quite a few years ago and they would do that often. Animals are so much more in tune with the world than we are.

morgoodie, Feb 28, 2016
Ask a Question