Do you prefer mixed breeds or purebreds?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SheWolfSilver, Jan 30, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I have both purebred and mixed breeds and to me it doesn't make a difference. All of them are smart and all can be stubborn or difficult at times. Do you prefer one over the other?

SheWolfSilver, Jan 30, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

Both are nice. I love to watch the dog shows on TV and see the champions, but I love a scruffy looking "what is it?" type of dog also.

SallyintheValley, Jan 30, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

MakingCents Well-Known Member

I don't seem to have an opinion one way or the other. There are definite benefits to both. Purebreeds you know the lineage and what they are predisposed to. Mixed breeds you lose a lot of the genetic pre-dispositions. To me it will be whatever dog catches my eye at the shelter at the time.

MakingCents, Jan 31, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

zararina Well-Known Member

As pet, I prefer local dog breed which is called "AsPin" means asong Pinoy. :D
    And crossbreeds are usual here so I also prefer crossbreeds as pet. They are easier for me to feed and to maintain. But of course I love all dogs no matter what is the breed. :p

zararina, Jan 31, 2012
  5. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I have had purebreeds and mixed breeds. Plus what we call in Thai "Thousand Way Breed" meaning such a rich profusion of breeds in the lineage as to defy enumeration. At the bottom of it all, a dog is a dog. Doesn't matter what the breed is, it's still a very good friend and loyal companion.

Victor Leigh, Feb 2, 2012
  6. SheWolfSilver

haopee Well-Known Member

I'm a mixed breed and mongrel person. Although I have a Shih-Tzu, my dogs who aren't purebred are simply more tolerant, and less sensitive to anything the environment brings upon them. One thing I have noticed about them is that no matter how often you change their food, you wouldn't have to worry about giving them an upset stomach, because they seemed to have been born with steel ones.

Most dogs in my country are even fed fish bones and it's a rare case for a street dog to suffer from a fish bone stuck in his throat. Those with mange all over their body are just left as they are. After a month or two, those bald spots just disappear and their fur grows back even without the help of medication.

But as Victor Leigh had mentioned, it doesn't really matter. Purebreds are special because they have distinct attributes that make them special. Mixed breeds, mongrels and mutts are also special. It's just a matter of us enjoying their company and love which they offer unconditionally.

haopee, Mar 19, 2012
  7. SheWolfSilver

claudine Well-Known Member

I love both purebreeds and mixed breeds, but I own a purebreed. I decided to buy a Yorkie because I find them the cutest dogs ever, I've always been dreaming about owning one. Now I dream of having more of them. I wonder what my Homer would do, if I got him two or three brothers:D

claudine, Jun 20, 2013
Ask a Question