Do you only love your dog because he looks cute?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by maryannballeras, Nov 11, 2014.

1. maryannballeras

danielle davidson Active Member

That does not matter to me. I love my dog because of how cuddly and lovey he is. I really love all dogs, so it doesn't matter to me. The only ones that scare me are the big dogs! My best friend has a dog that is like a horse and it always scares me. I know I have a little dog, but I love dogs of all sizes. It doesn't matter what he looks like to me.

danielle davidson, Jun 25, 2015
  2. maryannballeras

claudine Well-Known Member

You need to be very patient. It might take a month or even two:eek: I'm saying this from my own experience, I often purchase clothes and other things from China.
    They sell cute outfits for dogs too, but I know my Homer would refuse to wear them:(

claudine, Jun 26, 2015
  3. maryannballeras

Trellum Well-Known Member

I have great news!!!! I got a call saying the keyboard is here already, so I will have my laptop back soon :)!!!! I am so tired of this old laptop that heats itself too much and then shuts off. In total I had to wait 1 month, lol. 3 weeks because of their stupid mistake at that workshop, then 2 weeks waiting for the keyboard (when they finally realized they didn't have one in my mother language after all!).

Have you bought any nice outfits for homer? I'd love to get my Frida a sweater.

Trellum, Jun 26, 2015
  4. maryannballeras

My keyboard arrived yesterday :D So I might have my laptop back soon, tired of this thing shutting itself off (one broken fan) when it heats too much. Are all the ports in your laptop working? If so, then it'll be so easy to transfer those pics, the reason I dislike this old laptop the most (got lots reasons) is because out of 3 USB ports only 1 works. The touchpad no longer works, so a mouse has to be connected to the laptop in order to be able to use it. Once that USB stops working this laptop will be useless.

Trellum, Jun 26, 2015
  5. maryannballeras

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I am pretty computer dumb, but the I will check on whether all the ports are working. I find that Zola has made her way back into my bed and I have to be constantly steering her away from my laptop. Then she looks me in the eye and I just have to love her. She is the warmest dog you will meet. The only thing she had against her was her greedy behaviour, but Ginger has stripped her of that greedy title.

Winterybella, Jun 26, 2015
  6. maryannballeras

This is great news, I'm very happy for you!:D:D
    I've never bought Homer any outfits, because I know he wouldn't want to wear them. My mother knitted a tiny sweater for him some time ago. He sometimes wears it in winter.

claudine, Jun 28, 2015
  7. maryannballeras

The happiness didn't last, Claudine... the stupid keyboard was defective. I will have to wait other 2 or 3 weeks. I truly regret having taken the laptop to that place, but it was the only open place I could find and I was told I had to hurry up. I truly regret it and if it wasn't because I had already paid a part of said new keyboard, I swear to god I'd go get it somewhere else.

Trellum, Jun 28, 2015
  8. maryannballeras

Hahahaha, that ginger sounds like such a character!!!! So she is the most greedy dog of them all now ;) From all the things you have told me, it sounds like she has really earned that title ;) And don't worry, am not a that good with computers, just average user, but when I had just started out using computers I knew NOTHING. My mom doesn't even know how to turn on a computer, she is 60.

Trellum, Jun 28, 2015
  9. maryannballeras

This made me smile and your mom being clueless about the computer makes me feel like a real pro. I am truly proud of myself even though I still have a way to go. My sister who is about 3 years older is terrible. She and your mom can hold hands. Ginger is a character. She is such a character my son is now telling me he doesn't mind if she stays outside. That is a first. He was the one who convinced me to have inside dogs so he must be very troubled to be telling me to let her stay outdoors.

I am really sorry about your laptop. I heard mine keeping some weird noise. I feel it's in "intensive care" on it's way out.

Winterybella, Jun 29, 2015
  10. maryannballeras

I'm so sorry to hear that! This situation must be very frustrating for you:confused: You've been waiting for so long already, they should give you a special discount.

claudine, Jun 30, 2015
  11. maryannballeras

Yes, I am going to give myself that discount ;) But I will wait until they have installed the keyboard in the laptop, I did call them yesterday to let them know I did notice the damn scratch! The guy was such a coward claiming he hadn't noticed and blaming it on the technicians. I am going ot get my discount... it's a matter of principles, because if I don't I will feel like such a fool.

Trellum, Jun 30, 2015
  12. maryannballeras

You definitely are a pro ;) I mean, I really wish she was into taking pics with her mobile and talked about uploading them to the computer! I will never see that happen! My mom will never use a computer :p She has a hard time even guiding the mouse, and I have tried to tell her how, but some people are not supposed to use computers :oops::p

So are you considering to let her outdoors?

Trellum, Jun 30, 2015
  13. maryannballeras

mkCampbell Active Member

I don't think so. My Golden was my fishing buddy, hiking buddy, cold weather foot warming buddy. Our small dog has one crazy tooth that sticks out and is sometimes cross eyed. But she's a snuggler. Our biggest dog constantly drools and can be slightly "Gassy" no matter what the diet is. But he can bring back a stick like no other, is a master at putting some fear in door to door salesmen, and loves to grill with me. Love 'Em all!

mkCampbell, Jul 1, 2015
  14. maryannballeras

My mom is in her eighties so I don't know she's even interested although she is very spiritual and these days a lot focus has been on reaching people with the message through the internet. Once she might have been bitterly opposed, but when it comes to her worship she is very, very, very yielding.

I can't imagine them being outside. I actually feel terrible that the big dog has to be outside and because I let her in sometimes, she's always wanting to be inside. It kills me to close the door on her. As for Ginger, she is happy to go outside for a short period to do her stuff and be all up in my bigger dog. But you should see how she hops and skips when I open that door. It is a joy to watch. Yet she is getting very full of herself barking at me to do this or that. This am, she got me up at 3. As sleepy as I was, I got up as I did not want her messing the house, so I complied.

When I look at that little 'ugly' face I can't see myself not loving her. As for putting her outside that's a tough one.

Winterybella, Jul 1, 2015
  15. maryannballeras

Wow, so she is finally waking up to do her business outside??? That's great news! That is quite and accomplishment for sure! I am glad to hear your little girl is finally waking up! I'd not mind it either if my Frida had an emergency at night had to wake me up in order for me to open the door for her to go out! Kudos to you and her! To you for having the patience of a saint and to her for finally learning!

Trellum, Jul 2, 2015
  16. maryannballeras

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I confess to my shallow thinking but Capone captivated me with his picture, even though it is not the best picture that his owner advertised. There was something about him that I can't get out of my mind. I tried to duck three times from getting him, but all three times the owner accepted all my offer. He was meant to be with us, I believe that.

IcyBC, Sep 2, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  17. maryannballeras

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Definitely meant to be :D

LilAnn, Sep 2, 2015
  18. maryannballeras

Tomi Active Member

I also have an old Dell that I treat like a baby. On to dogs, I certainly appreciate cute looking dogs as I have one but do not really mind those that are not. I have a weakness for cute faces.

Tomi, Sep 2, 2015
  19. maryannballeras

Ginger is still my ugliest dog, but some love her look as she is different from any dog I have ever had. I try to take here pictures with the hopes of showing her off, but she doesn't take pretty pictures at all. She could not care less.

Winterybella, Sep 3, 2015
  20. maryannballeras

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Ugly or beauty depends on who sees it! Some don't mind at all if the dog is ugly looking because they wanted to have that look. I am like @Tomi I have a weakness for cute puppies @Winterybella

IcyBC, Sep 4, 2015
Ask a Question