Do you have rainy day games for your dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

The weather is going to start changing in the next couple of weeks. The bad weather will set in and the dogs will be trapped in the house.

Do you have games that you play with your dog(s) on those days when you can't get outside? How do you entertain them when you can't take your walk or let them run outside because of the weather?

I try to give Misha a walk no matter what. We've done it in the house when we need to. I use it as an opportunity to refresh some of her commands.

Also, we play hide and seek. I hide small treats around the house and she finds them. She loves this game.

Do you have ways to entertain your dog on bad weather days?

Melody, Sep 29, 2012
  2. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

I carry Homer under my umbrella to the park, where the trees protect us from the rain. But if Misha is big you probably won't be able to do this;) . When it's raining, Homer is very sleepy and often doesn't want to play. If he does, I throw him cones in our living room or we sit at the window, so he could bark at people passing by:D . It's one of his favourite things to do:p .

claudine, Sep 30, 2012
  3. Melody

Nick87 Well-Known Member

My dogs love playing tug of war inside. They also love chasing the flashlight, which tends to help them get worn out. They won't play in the rain, and the little dog won't even go out into the rain to go to the bathroom unless you force her.

Nick87, Sep 30, 2012
  4. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Hmm, I hadn't thought about it. I guess I don't have anything set for those days. We do end up playing more inside on those days, though, of course. I guess we probably run around the table and play chase inside more on those.

Jessi, Oct 1, 2012
  5. Melody

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

As long as it wasn't raining, our dogs would go walking in the cold, in the snow, whenever. We would play chase the ball down the steps games sometimes too though. You can also take them for a walk around a local pet store.

OhioTom76, Oct 1, 2012
  6. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

My dog is the type if she doesn't get her walk she tends to be a stalker and drive us nuts. Nothing worse than having your dog follow you everywhere or stare at you when you're trying to get something done. I try to give her as much exercise that I can in doors. Otherwise, she would drive us nuts.

She used to be afraid of the rain, too. She tolerates it now, but doesn't like to be in it. Since she fights her dog jacket, it's better if we don't walk in the rain (for both our sanity). The wind is worse. It's usually a battle to take her for a walk if it's windy.

Melody, Oct 2, 2012
Ask a Question