Do you ever wonder if your dog could talk what his voice would sound like?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lifeliveson, Apr 9, 2013.

1. lifeliveson

lifeliveson Well-Known Member

I have a feeling my dog would have an english accent. Kind of sound like stewie griffin from the family guy. Do you wonder what yours would sound like?

lifeliveson, Apr 9, 2013
  2. lifeliveson

zararina Well-Known Member

As our dog was exposed in our local language, his accent will most likely like ours. :D

zararina, Apr 9, 2013
  3. lifeliveson

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer is very small and cute but he has a quite manly voice - especially when he wants to scare somebody. When he is excited, he sounds like a female though:p

claudine, Apr 9, 2013
  4. lifeliveson

ernestdefoe Member

I have always wondered what my dogs would sound like if they could actually talk. I bet Jayda (German Shepard) would sound similar to the St. Bernard from the old Bugs Bunny cartoons the way she runs around. It would be like 'Which way did he go George, Which way did he go?" Not sure what the other one's would sound like but I can totally see Jayda sounding just like that........even though she is female.

ernestdefoe, Apr 10, 2013
  5. lifeliveson

I always picture small dogs with surprisingly deep voices and big dogs with high pitched voices. Opposite of what is expected, its funny

lifeliveson, Apr 10, 2013
  6. lifeliveson

I would we could find out even if for a day just to see haha

lifeliveson, Apr 10, 2013
  7. lifeliveson

Yes, it's very funny. A few days ago I was walking my Homer in the park at he started to bark with his deep voice at a very large dog. The large dog responded with a voice of a small girl, it was hilarious, it made me laugh really hard:D

claudine, Apr 10, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  8. lifeliveson

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Up until recently I would not have given this much thought. When I first heard Mishka sing the other day I heard in her voice the tone I would not have expected. It was an eerie girly sound so I guess her voice if she could talk would sound something like that.

argon_0, Apr 11, 2013
  9. lifeliveson

MzMonka Well-Known Member

I have a talker, or what I would call a talker. I taught him how to say Momma. He's a big dog and his voice is high pitched. It probably has to do with the fact that their mouths are different and can't form sounds the way we can.

MzMonka, Apr 12, 2013
  10. lifeliveson

small dog syndrome, they think their huge. My 10 pound chihuaha pug tried to intimidate a rottweiler and golden retriever all buy himself, little bugger.

lifeliveson, Apr 14, 2013
  11. lifeliveson

haha i know im weird wondering, but my dogs are vocal and it makes me laugh so I think about it. Thats really funny! my dog barks low but cries high

12. lifeliveson

possibly, I dont know how it really works, obviously their vocal cords are different or else they would be able to talk normally, thats so cool he can say momma though ahha

13. lifeliveson

MzMonka Well-Known Member

Their vocal cords being different, the way their mouths and lips move would change all of it. It was great and I still think it is cute that he talks. It didn't occur to me though that he would use it when he felt like it not just when I asked him to. Makes dinner time very interesting, trying to have a conversation with the dog sitting in the other room calling momma. HA

MzMonka, Apr 14, 2013
  14. lifeliveson

Ha, I'm sure it looked very cute!:D But it's also quite dangerous. I always worry that my Homer will provoke a big dog and we will have to run away - both of us. He always barks at bigger dogs and then wants me to carry him.

claudine, Apr 14, 2013
  15. lifeliveson

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

My dogs are usually quiet, like me. The only one that likes to talk a lot is Benjamas, the Poodle. So if Benjamas could talk in a human voice, I suppose she will sound like one of those yappy women that I have met before.

Victor Leigh, Apr 15, 2013
Ask a Question