Do you ever want to give your dog a good whipping?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Winterybella, May 7, 2015.

1. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

I love Persian cats and Norwegian forest cats:)
    In general, I prefer when both cats and dogs have long hair. It makes them look so cute and fluffy:)

claudine, May 20, 2015
  2. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

You might be surprise that Homer softens up as a result of the cat. When I used to take my dogs walking religiously, we would also see cats along the way and those dogs would go crazy wanting to hunt them down. My son brought Twinkle the kitten home and it was love at first sight. I could not believe it. Maybe it was the fact it was a sweet innocent kitten...I don't know.

Those people you ladies are talking about seem to be the ones needing a whipping in keeping with the thread:).

Winterybella, May 20, 2015
  3. Winterybella

Trellum Well-Known Member

Persian are so beautiful, so are Norwegian forest cats... if I were wealthy I'd have 5 Norwegian forest cats, hehehe! I love long haired cats, but they require a lot car with that fur, but I really think it is worth it in the end. Have you checked rag dolls? or maine coon cats? Those are so beautiful, look:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first one is a coon, the last one a ragdoll cat. Pretty, aren't they? :)

@Winterybella Oh yes, they do, lol!

Trellum, May 20, 2015
  4. Winterybella

Our veterinarian has a maine coon cat! He lets her sit near all animal patients. She's very calm, she barely moves. Homer has never barked at her;)

claudine, May 21, 2015
    Trellum likes this.
  5. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Where does Trellum find these pictures? Amazing. They just look wonderful. Can you imagine a dog not getting along with these beauties? I guess it doesn't quite work like that.

Claudine, there you go. Homer just has to find the right cat and he will soften up.

Winterybella, May 21, 2015
  6. Winterybella

Really? What color is she? I've seen a lot grey maine coon cats :) I've seen some white ones too, they're just delightful. I think it's amazing your vet keeps his/her coon there, a calm animal never fails to calm both people and animals. I think maybe that is why Homer has never barked at her :) He can't see her as a threat.

Trellum, May 21, 2015
  7. Winterybella

She's grey too:)
    I'm pretty sure Homer didn't attack her only because veterinarian clinics terrify him;) He didn't want to draw attention to himself;)

claudine, May 22, 2015
  8. Winterybella

Hahahaha, that is a very good explanation, they are right when they say yorkies are extremely smart dogs ;) Sounds like Homer knows his game well ;)

Trellum, May 23, 2015
  9. Winterybella

Haha, he does!:)
    I can say from my own experience that Yorkshire Terriers are incredibly smart. They learn new things very fast and they understand everything. I've never met a stupid Yorkie;)

claudine, May 23, 2015
  10. Winterybella

Pshaw Bradley Member

I grew up out in the country, where dogs were used as workers, pretty much. Our hunting dogs lived lives on the chain, and I felt sad every day thinking about them out there, lonely in the cold (They had well-built doghouses and it was my chore to put fresh hay in there every few days, so they were fine). When the dogs misbehaved, they got beat. Not with sticks or anything, but still....

Nowadays my dogs live in luxury; each one gets its own couch and they live alongside me and even sleep at the foot of my bed. When they do something bad, I can't even raise my voice to them without feeling guilty. They know it too, and cower just so, to pique my guilt even further. Then they beg for food, knowing that I am vulnerable to their manipulations.

I freaking love dogs.

Pshaw Bradley, May 25, 2015
Ask a Question