Do you ever get grossed out by your dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by DappleGrey, Apr 11, 2013.

1. DappleGrey

DappleGrey Well-Known Member

Sometimes when I'm eating dinner, I don't want the dogs to be anywhere near me. Other times, I really don't care! It might be weird to them, or seem rude to them. I can imagine them thinking "Why is so she wishy washy over this?" I don't know why it is myself. There are other times where I don't want them to sit with me on the couch. But I think that's mainly because it's when they haven't had a bath.

Do you get grossed out by your dog? Like, not want them to lick you or lay with you?

DappleGrey, Apr 11, 2013
    amundy8 likes this.
  2. DappleGrey

ernestdefoe Member

Yeah I don't want my dog to lick me after they just got done going to the bathroom when they come back in and lick themselves. Yeah not keen on that and ofcourse they always want to lick you in the face after they do that......Yuck!

ernestdefoe, Apr 11, 2013
  3. DappleGrey

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Same here I'm not big on being licked and prefer Mishka to use her own couch we have for her because she doesn't have a bath every day. She has been taught not to hassle us until we have finished our meals and knows quite well the sound of the last mouthful of our meal when she will come over and insist on being fed.

argon_0, Apr 12, 2013
  4. DappleGrey

zararina Well-Known Member

Our recent dog used to eat his own poop (yes that was gross!) and so, definitely I would not want him even be near me after being a bad dog. :p

zararina, Apr 12, 2013
  5. DappleGrey

claudine Well-Known Member

Homer hates water and doesn't let me to bathe him so he usually is very, very dirty. This is one of the reasons why he isn't allowed on my bed. And I really don't like when he is licking me...but he doesn't gross me out, I always find him adorable:)

claudine, Apr 12, 2013
  6. DappleGrey

schizophreniatype Well-Known Member

My dog hunts rats and other creatures in our garden and he kills them, tear them up and feed on them, which is super weird and gross. I can't take that especially I have rat-phobia... EWWwwww.... I have goosebumps even while thinking about it. Then we have to give him a shower every time he does that because pups has his own room in my house! so yeah...that's gross!

schizophreniatype, Apr 13, 2013
  7. DappleGrey

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

I have grown up with dogs and a cat so I am quite used to all the strange things they do. As a result, I simply no longer really notice such things. I regard them as a dog's natural behaviour. One of our dogs was particularly defensive of her own vomit: if she vomited in the house no one was allowed near it until she had finished eating it. I think she regarded it as food.

GavinMcresty, Apr 30, 2013
  8. DappleGrey

Oh...I wish I didn't read it:eek: . If Homer did something like this, I probably wouldn't be willing to pet him for a while
    But wasn't it very unhealthy for her? She vomited for a reason and I think that eating it again could be dangerous.
    No, I prefer not to think about it:eek::p

claudine, May 1, 2013
  9. DappleGrey

amundy8 Active Member

I agree that dogs should not be with you while you are eating. They have no manners. We had a dog that ate a spider in front of us. It was so gross. It is especially inappropriate when guests are around for dinner. As soon as he/she smells food, he/she wants what ever you have.

amundy8, May 1, 2013
  10. DappleGrey

amundy8 Active Member

Our dog Baily always hunted small animals and dragged them into the yard! It was too gross!

amundy8, May 1, 2013
  11. DappleGrey

Poor spider...my Homer always plays with flies: if he notices one, he tries to catch it and when he succeed, he chews it a little, spits it, lets it run away and then catches it again. It really is awful and I wish he didn't do it - mostly because I feel sorry for these insects.

claudine, May 2, 2013
  12. DappleGrey

haopee Well-Known Member

Speaking of regurgitated food, I've had a funny experience with that same situation. One day, I heard two of our dogs growling. I knew it was past their meal time and there weren't any toys so I went out worried that they might be fighting over a rat. Then I saw one of them guarding his "food' while the other wanted to take it for himself.

Actually, some dogs do regurgitate their food to save it later. I think it's because they are innately scavengers and that's how some of them feed their young.

haopee, May 3, 2013
  13. DappleGrey

Libragirl67 Member

I rarely get grossed out by our dog. I guess it is because we regard him as one of the family. He literally has his spot on the sofa and when we eat he is there with a little bowl of food for himself. He goes on car rides alot of times when we go anywhere. And he gets to pick where he wants to sleep. And that does include whatever persons bed he chooses to sleep on.

The only time we ever have to shoo him away or actually make him go outside is when he passes gas. It is quite deadly, and it can make some people nauscious. Our dog just looks at us like what is wrong with you guys, what's the big deal.

Libragirl67, May 4, 2013
Ask a Question