Do you and your dog share the same personality?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, May 11, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

A friend passed this on to me and I thought I would share it. The author claims that dog owners and the dog breed(s) they own share similar personality traits. Some are funny.

There are only a few listed. See if yours is there then let us know if it matches. Here is the link:

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/what-does-my-dogs-breed-say-about-me-slideshow.html?page=1

They didn't have Jack Russell Terriers, so I went with Terriers. Here's what it says:
    "Potential to be a loyal, family-oriented person. Can be snarky and have an east-coast attitude."
    I'm not so sure what an "east-coast attitude" is. I'm from California! LOL
    Have fun with it. It should be good for a laugh.

Melody, May 11, 2012
  2. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

I think it's often true. People end up picking out dogs that they'd work out well with, so someone who is quiet, laid-back and hates going out, probably isn't going to end up with a dog who is overly active, needs to be running all the time, and goes nuts constantly, ya know?

Jessi, May 11, 2012
  3. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

I think dogs pick up some traits of their owners since their owners take care of them specially for those who really train their dogs. ;)

zararina, May 11, 2012
  4. Melody

argon_0 Well-Known Member

I couldn't find a collie cross in that link. :(
    Mishka makes me laugh with her antics and personality. I have a bit of that comedian trait also and I like to see the happy side of life.Maybe we can do some kind of comedy routine together .:)

argon_0, May 12, 2012
  5. Melody

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Now I understand why my dogs don't make that much noise. Basically I am the type that doesn't like to talk too much. Probably my dogs learned that characteristic from me.

Victor Leigh, May 12, 2012
  6. Melody

Trellum Well-Known Member

Well, I'm definitely family oriented, but definitely I am not a senior ;) But seriously, I seem to have a lot things in common with my schnauzer, way more than with my pug that seems to be 100% food-driven. My schnauzer actually seems to understand when I am sad, so intuitive... just like me! My schnauzer girlie is so amazing!

Trellum, Mar 22, 2014
Ask a Question