Do dogs laugh?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Melody, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Melody

Diana Smith Member

I am not really sure if a dog laughs or not, however my dogs definitely do smile. I also am convinced that my dogs try to make me laugh. The reason that I think that they intentionally try and make me laugh is that when they do something cute and/or funny and I laugh as a reaction, they always seem to repeat the same behaviour that made me laugh immediately after the first time. Then they will keep doing the same thing.

Sometimes when I am sad I believe that my Golden Retriever picks up on it because she will take a good long look at me and then start up her silly antics again as if she is trying to pull me out of my bad mood. Dogs are amazing!

Diana Smith, Jun 17, 2015
  2. Melody

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Just reading this made me smile. I feel that Ginger makes both of mine smile from time to time, but she is such a " don't know when to stop" dog that she just as easily makes them sad and mad. She loves to play and even got my shy dog to play, but she does not know to quit while she's ahead so she will go too far. These days my girls are behaving like humans: laughing today and fighting tomorrow.

Winterybella, Jun 19, 2015
  3. Melody

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I have never heard one laugh. I've heard Little Miss moan when she was getting scratched in the right spot, but no laugh. I've seen dogs smile. My old man Bowser had the biggest smile I had ever seen. And it really was only when he was happy. I never saw even a hint of a smile when he was in trouble, or not feeling good.

LilAnn, Jun 28, 2015
Ask a Question