Do dogs laugh?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Melody, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

I love when dogs are happy:D Nothing cheers me up as much as looking at wagging tails and shiny eyes:)
    Look at this cute little thing:

[​IMG]

claudine, Mar 27, 2015
  2. Melody

Trellum Well-Known Member

Oh, what breed is Remy? I can imagine some breeds look sadder than others. Like for example Saint Bernard dogs, they look super sad as well!

Trellum, Mar 28, 2015
  3. Melody

Oh, well, that is because you know him very well! I think you can start to recognize that kind of things after spending some time with a pet :) Seeing a smile is harder in some dogs, but I'm sure it's there =D

Trellum, Mar 28, 2015
  4. Melody

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Remy is a big question mark. I know she has some Chihuahua in her but that's about all I know. She was a gift from one of my son's friends. I feel like she was very neglected and was still in shock when she came to my house and I insisted she be kept indoors. To this day I still think a part of her loves outdoor living. Her daughter who's birth I witnessed is the opposite. I think she laughs all day and is only sad if you don't let her eat from your plate. She is the happy dog for the most part. I am beginning to think the little one that just came is making Remy a little happier. She is a tough cookie at times but her overall growth really impresses me.

Winterybella, Mar 29, 2015
  5. Melody

Claudine you are really finding the really happy ones. That little one looks like it's smiling/lauging for the cameras. Only yesterday I told my son it looks like my Remy might be laughing just in time for me to share it with the forum. Meanwhile she still had stains around her eyes that my son says are from tears. She is a treat but as I alluded to earlier she landed as the sad one.

Winterybella, Mar 29, 2015
  6. Melody

That's true!:) The more time I spend with Homer, the better I know him. I can read his emotions:) Of course what makes him the happiest is food, but he also smiles when he sees my father and when they go for a walk.

claudine, Mar 29, 2015
  7. Melody

Awwww food is what makes me happy the most as well, lol, hehehe! his boy likes to enjoy the simplest things in life! I wish more people were like that, we'd all be very very happy if that was the case :) By the way, is your mom feeling better?

Trellum, Mar 30, 2015
  8. Melody

That is great! I'm so glad to hear your Remy is happier, this life is so short... too short not to live it to the fullest =D That is why I try to make the most out of everyday!! I know animals can't really think about this, but I truly admire the fact they tend to appreciate the little and finest things in life, something as simple as going for a walk! Don't worry, I'm sure your Remy has found a new friend in Ginger =D Friends can contribute greatly to one's happiness =D

Trellum, Mar 30, 2015
  9. Melody

Unfortunately, not. But I believe she'll get better. We need her. Homer needs her too.
    To be honest, food makes me happy too. I've just eaten some chocolate. Homer would love to try it, but I know it's toxic to dogs.

claudine, Mar 30, 2015
  10. Melody

It looks like food makes all of us happy but the food I love most is probably the food I should stay far away from. So the 'cookie" crumbles.These laughing dogs in the posts are making me smile after a very stressful day. I am going to check on my girls and see how they are doing and see if we can all find something to laugh at.

Winterybella, Mar 31, 2015
  11. Melody

Hehehehe, food is what makes me happy the most lately ;) I'm dieting, so I wait for every Saturday to finally eat something nice ;) The forbidden things.

Trellum, Mar 31, 2015
  12. Melody

Sorry to hear that, Claudine. I hope she gets better soon as well. I hope it's nothing serious, and she can g back to be her former healthy self. Just stay positive, I know it's hard, but it's the best one can do in this kind of situations.

Trellum, Mar 31, 2015
  13. Melody

Thank you. I try very hard to smile, because I don't want her to worry about me. She needs to be surrounded by positive people. Homer keeps her company too:)

claudine, Mar 31, 2015
  14. Melody

Claudine, I perfectly understand that,when my mom was sick the hardest part for me was not showing her how worried and sad I really was, but truth is I was devastated. I'd often find myself crying in the shower or taking any chance to do so when she wasn't around. Stay strong! Best of luck!!

Trellum, Apr 1, 2015
  15. Melody

I just checked out those St. Bernard dogs you mentioned and they do look sad, all of the ones I saw. You are not going to believe this. Someone might have dropped a dog in my garden/yard. I think he's not smiling at all. I don't even know where to begin. I have to make time and go through the neigborhood and see if I find an owner. Oh my God. I now have FIVE to feed and care for.....Now I am not laughing myself.

Claudine I was not aware your mom was ill. I wish her well. Speaking as a parent we never like to see our kids worrying about us so you have to do the best you can there. I am also happy that Homer is there to offer his support as well. It's amazing how healing support can be.

Winterybella, Apr 1, 2015
  16. Melody

Oh no!! Someone dropped a dog in your yard? It sounds like you are starting to be known for your good heart and how well you like to take care of your dogs :) I hoe you find the owner, and if you do I hope he wants his dog back! Some people do the craziest things sometimes! Once someone threw (I had many cats when I was little) my cat thru the wall that separate my house from the neighbor.... it landed on my head, lol. It was my mean neighbor...

Trellum, Apr 2, 2015
  17. Melody

Thank you! I do the best I can and I'm as supportive as possible, but it really is difficult. Sometimes smiling is the hardest thing to do. I so very hope so she'll be healthy again.
    As for your fifth dog, it's crazy! People must see that you take a really good care of your four-legged friends:)

claudine, Apr 2, 2015
  18. Melody

I pray she will regain good health again. When my son was very ill, I used to try really hard to "smile for the cameras". That's what I call it when I am trying to put on a good face. About the fifth dog. I went searching for a home for him late last night and all I heard is that kids were seen playing around with it. I suspect they threw him over my wall, either they thought it was mine as he is a bigger lighter shade version of Remy or they think my house is the dog house. Anyway I put him in a secure area outdoors and close the gate. Listen to what next happens.

Continuing my story. SECURELY locked away from my bigger dog and I am waiting for my son to come and get the opportunity to fed him. He thinks it's neat to finally have a male dog around. Anyway, by the time my son comes home and he goes to get him to bring him inside to show a young lady, there is no dog to be found. It can't escape unless it is a cat. It's "dogly" impossible. The gate was locked where I left him and there are no holes to escape through. The experience left me feeling sick in the stomach. I have to wonder if there are ghost around as every time a leaf blows on the banana tree in the same area, it looks like the dog. I tell you it left me with the most eerie feeling. I spend more than an hour trying to find the dog and there is no dog. Could someone have climbed the wall with no alert from my bigger dog? I was left with an unsolved mystery and went to bed totally confused and feeling like I was in a scary movie.

This morning I hear my husband shout to tell me the dog has reappeared. I rush out to get him to return and he runs away. I have to tell you this it the biggest mystery I have seen. I did hear that a similar looking dog is known to disappear from a house maybe a half a mile away. I am confuse and wonder if I will see it when I return home. I was going to post him on Facebook. Should I still, since he's gone again? I want to laugh again and I want this dog to laugh, but right now the joke seems to be on me with this unsolved mystery.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Winterybella, Apr 2, 2015
  19. Melody

Wow, that sounds so strange! Strange and eerie indeed! So sorry to hear that happened to your dog :( Yeah, if i were you I'd post him on Facebook, maybe the dog you saw was that identical dog you talked about? Maybe that is why he reacted that way. Was he a gentle dog? I ask because I've heard of dogs getting stolen from their yards by people who....well, might not have the best intentions.

Trellum, Apr 3, 2015
  20. Melody

Thank you for your kind words. My mom is in a hospital now, I hope they'll take a really good care of her there.
    As for the fifth dog, it's very weird! In my opinion you definitely should post him on Facebook. Maybe someone will recognize him. At least his owner will know where he was last seen.

claudine, Apr 3, 2015
Ask a Question