Did you buy your dog a Christmas present?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by claudine, Dec 25, 2013.

1. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

Our dogs are important family members, aren't they? My Homer receives a Christmas present every year. Yesterday, I gave him a bone made of tuna. I know it sounds weird, but a salesman at the pet store assured me that dogs love these 'bones'.
    Homer was jumping from happiness!:D
    Did you buy your dog a Christmas present?

claudine, Dec 25, 2013
  2. claudine

Trellum Well-Known Member

I own two dogs :) I had bought them a few new winter clothes for both of them 2 weeks before christmas, so I guess you can count that as a christmas present :) They have been wearing those clothes much before christmas arrived tho :p

Trellum, Dec 26, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  3. claudine

zararina Well-Known Member

We just let our dog enjoy all the foods he can eat. :p
    His favorite treat is bread so we gave him lots of bread and some other meat dishes that he really love.

zararina, Dec 26, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  4. claudine

Trellum, what do these winter clothes look like?:) I'm sure they're super cute! Do your dogs like being dressed up?:)
    Zararina, food and special treats make a perfect gift for every dog:) It's pretty convenient that our dogs aren't picky at all:D

claudine, Dec 26, 2013
  5. claudine

I bought some really cute winter jackets and sweaters for them :) I bought some puppy boots as well :p Very cute!! I picked the season colours ;) My schnauzer loves dressing up, the puggie not so much :( I have made some clothes for them in the past as well, actually my schnauzer's fav winter ''jacket'' is one I made with some cloth :) I cut it myself, and used some cloth leftovers to fill the ''jacket''. That's why it feels so warm ;)

Trellum, Dec 27, 2013
  6. claudine

It sounds lovely!:D My mother knitted a few little sweaters for Homer, he doesn't have any store-bought clothes. We had gotten him dog shoes a few years ago, but he refused to walk in them. It's a pity, because they were super cute!:)

claudine, Dec 30, 2013
  7. claudine

That sounds awesome! I really want to learn how to knitt. I think no store bought sweater can ever beat a knitted one :) I like the fact you are free to pick the colour of the sweater and pay special attention to how you make it. It's great, because you can add some extra cute details to it ;) Your homer is a really lucky dog :D

Trellum, Dec 31, 2013
  8. claudine

I don't know, those sweaters aren't as pretty as you imagine;) My mother didn't add any cute details to them, because Homer is male and she wants him to look manly, lol:p Homer probably doesn't want to look like a girl:p;)
    I think that the best thing about knitted sweaters is that they're really warm:)

claudine, Dec 31, 2013
  9. claudine

Yeah, I've a knitted beret and they are really warm! I wish I could knit as well :( You can save a lot cash as well, by the way. I know people who can knit almost everything. My mom is learning to do it, but she says it can really hurt your hands to do that :p

Trellum, Jan 3, 2014
  10. claudine

I've never knitted anything wearable. I guess I'm not very talented!:p It's just so difficult! I can sew though:)
    I totally agree, it can help you save a lot of cash. I don't know if it's the same in your country, but in Poland dog clothes are pretty expensive.

claudine, Jan 7, 2014
  11. claudine

Me either :p Knitting is really hard, I tried to leanr it once, but I gave up after a bit. Maybe one day when I have more time ;) Over here clothes are quite expensive as well :( What about the food, is it expensive as well?

Trellum, Jan 7, 2014
  12. claudine

dodgesnose Member

My grandma is good at knitting, we still have few I used on my younger days she made for me. She actually made one for our last sheltie, Ginger, which we also kept.
    Before the Christmas day, we learn about the reunion on my aunt's place about 8hours north so we changed Dodge gift from an orthopedic bed into a nice coat but we are unable to get a good boots for his sensitive paws. We ordered this boots http://www.petstreetmall.com/Fleece-Lined-Muttluks-in-Navy-Blue/7147/2583/ and musher's secret wax to protect his paws from snow and salt. Its his first time playing in the snow along with other dogs.

dodgesnose, Jan 14, 2014
  13. claudine

Trellum - Homer's favorite food is rather expensive. But at a pet store, you can also find something much cheaper. I prefer not to take the risk though. I heard that cheap dog food is really unhealthy:(
    Dodgesnose - these boots are so adorable!:) Does your dog like wearing them?:) My Homer hates wearing boots.

claudine, Jan 20, 2014
  14. claudine

Yeah, have you heard some people make their own dog food! They say it's way healthier this way, but I rather buy dog food fr my dog, because I know nothing about nutrition, even tho I can find recipes, but that would mean I'd need to have a lot time off. Sadly I don't :(

Trellum, Jan 24, 2014
  15. claudine

My aunt used to cook for her dog. As far as I remember, he was slightly overweight.
    I believe that store bought dog foods are well-balanced, especially those that aren't too cheap. I don't know anything about nutrition either, so I never cook for Homer.

claudine, Jan 24, 2014
  16. claudine

dodgesnose Member

My Dodge used to walk weird wearing them and its really funny but eventually able to control his walk and run tempo when in play. Overall he likes it.

dodgesnose, Feb 13, 2014
  17. claudine

Then maybe Homer would get used to it too, who knows. I would like him to wear boots during winter, because sometimes, it's pretty cold here, in our area. Also, most people scatter salt on pavements to melt the snow and ice. I was told that salt can hurt dogs' paws:(

claudine, Feb 13, 2014
Ask a Question