Destroyed by your dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by zararina, Jan 19, 2012.

1. zararina

zararina Well-Known Member

Even they had chewed and destroyed some things in the household, we still love them a lot for sure. LOL
    So what things your dogs had destroyed? :p

Below are things I could still remember. :D
    - My newly purchased slippers
    - An old quite expensive sandals
    - papers (important and not important ones Lol)

zararina, Jan 19, 2012
  2. zararina

King Browny Well-Known Member

Slip-ons would be number one. Then there’s the foot of drawers, chairs, doors; and the one where my mom freaked out - her plants. :p

King Browny, Jan 20, 2012
  3. zararina

MakingCents Well-Known Member

There are WAY too many things to count. Put it this way, before we sell the house we will have to re-carpet all three floors, put up new wood paneling around 2 doors, and replace the window ledge on at least 2 windows. Crazy dog :p

MakingCents, Jan 21, 2012
  4. zararina

Wow that's a lot for a renovation caused by your dog. Lol
    I could feel how your family really love your dog even it could goes crazy like that.

zararina, Jan 21, 2012
  5. zararina

Nick87 Well-Known Member

My mom's shoes were destroyed by our big dog, and she was quite upset about that one. So, we started keeping the shoes in a chest...but that dog is so smart he actually figured out how to open the chest and take the shoes out, and destroyed another pair. After that we made sure the shoes were in the closet, he wasn't able to open that one.
    My little dog however ended up causing more damage, she tore up the carpet in the front room, which would have cost thousands of dollars to replace. Luckily we came up with a cheaper solution...adding more wooden flooring.
    Both of them did that when they were young pups still though, and they haven't caused trouble like that for quite a while. We went through a bit of problems and destruction when they were still young to the point where my parents weren't sure if we could keep them, but I convinced them to wait it out and that as the dogs got older they'd get better, and they did. Now we can look back at it and just laugh, and be thankful for how far our dogs have come now.

Nick87, Jan 21, 2012
  6. zararina

My mom's dog one time chewed up a pair of shoes. She got yelled at for it. From that day forward if you held up the chewed shoes in front of her she would hang her head and go hide in her pen. Oh what power those shoes had!

MakingCents, Jan 22, 2012
  7. zararina

King Browny Well-Known Member

Oh, I see why you have to sell it. LOL

King Browny, Jan 22, 2012
  8. zararina

Not selling it yet, but whenever we have to move we'll have a lot of work to do!

MakingCents, Jan 22, 2012
  9. zararina

Dogs know that they had did something wrong when being yelled at and see the piece they had destroyed which is applicable for older dogs. If its on puppies, showing those shoes again can mean chewing time again. LOL

zararina, Jan 23, 2012
  10. zararina

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

All of my dogs are past the puppy age so, they don't really chew on things that much. They all have plenty of toys and chew bones, there is always someone here so they can't be bored. With all that said I have one dog that continues to chew on things. The dog pillows to be exact. She has probably chewed up 200 dollars worth of dog pillows in the year and a half I have had her. I am at my wits end about this! After she chewed the last one up I decided I'm not buying her a new one so I just keep stuffing the stuffing back in the best I can.

SheWolfSilver, Jan 24, 2012
  11. zararina

Seems she hate dog pillows! LOL
    Maybe you can just make her a pillow from recycled material just like from old clothes so that it will not be costly. Or just give her sleeping mat. ;)

zararina, Jan 24, 2012
  12. zararina

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

They are not my dogs, but my daughters, but I stayed overnight once at their house on the couch. I had my favorite pair of sandals right down on the floor where I slept, but in the morning one of them was in tatters! I was so mad....grrrrrrr. But my daughter, responsible dog owner that she is, took me shoe shopping and we bought a new pair exactly like them!

SallyintheValley, Jan 25, 2012
  13. zararina

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Well, I have had to move house a few times because of my dogs. However I never regretted having dogs. Mere human beings do not even come close to dogs as far as loyal companionship is concerned.

Victor Leigh, Jan 26, 2012
  14. zararina

It was their nature to bite/destroy some things. :p
    And nice that dog owners on this thread can understand and still love those loving and caring dogs. No doubt they are good companions, just naughty sometimes. Lol

zararina, Jan 26, 2012
  15. zararina

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

I see you on the cat forum too. How many cats/dogs do you have?

SallyintheValley, Jan 26, 2012
  16. zararina

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

My cat and dog populations change from time to time. At one time, I had more than a dozen dogs of all sizes. Then at another time, I had more than a dozen cats of all colors. Right now, I am down to just one cat.

Victor Leigh, Feb 2, 2012
  17. zararina

saizo6 Member

My earbuds. I went through 5 of them in a span of a month. I would accidentally leave them laying around and my dog, Toby, would come by and chew them up. He was in his chewing phase at the time. It was really frustrating because I'd have to go out and get new ones. It got to the point where the cashier lady at the store knew my face and reason for showing up. Daisy (<---that avatar) on the other hand loved chewing on my mom's socks and shoe inserts.

saizo6, Feb 3, 2012
Ask a Question